Special Order Parts by Counterman

Special Order Parts by Counterman

Postby AlanHomes » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Service writer needs a recall part ordered, no point in opening a RO that will stay open for weeks on end while GM waits for parts to arrive from China.

So we order it on a counter ticket but how to reference the writers name so it shows up on the special order parts by counterman report? Sure you can put it in the PO field, but there is no column on this report that will show a PO

Asked Dealertrack, got the deer in the headlights look.

So this might be the only solution........... Create your counter ticket with the customers name and phone number that are hopefully already in the system. Click on the telephone number link and put the three or four digit employee number of the service writer. In this case we will use Dave, employee number 285

When you print the special order parts by counterman report it will show a phone number that looks like this Example 540-000-0285 Now you know who the service writer was whom ordered that recall part weeks ago.
AlanHomes

Re: Special Order Parts by Counterman

Postby smoyer » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:25 pm

put it on a service appointment
smoyer

Postby Erik Pitchford » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:45 pm

Alan, what I did was add the service department, advisors and manager, as a parts counterman. That way when we order parts for whatever reason, recall or service order in advance, yikes, even though it may be on BO forever it's tied to them. That way when it finally does come in we can inform them with their employee number on it. I also run the "List Special Order Parts" as excel spread sheet, email it to myself and then split it up and share it with everyone involved. Hope this helps if you haven't figured out a better way yet.
Erik Pitchford

Postby huntparts05 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:16 pm

How about if you made the service writer a CTR # this way it will track under their number. Just don't give them this "passcode"
huntparts05

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum