WOW!!

WOW!!

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:30 pm

Just found out today our group will be switching to Arkona in August. Anybody have any advice/pro/cons about this system. I am currently on R&R.
BTW...I'm the parts manager, but any advice will help!
Kevin

------------------
Parts Ninja
vtecmanager

WOW!!

Postby aholiday72 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:18 pm

we switched from r&r to Arkona 3 1/2 years ago. The very best move ever!!! If you have any computer knowledge, using Arkona will be a breeze. Arkona really lets you do your job and puts the job back into your hands. Besides can you call/or email R&R tech service 24 hrs a day and get a responce within the hour or less???? I will HIGHLY recommend Arkona to any dealer!!!
aholiday72

WOW!!

Postby pamms » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:55 pm

Arkona is a great parts system!
pamms

WOW!!

Postby Richard » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:53 am

Been on ARKONA for almost 3 yrs now....the parts system is great, seriously; helped me get my OBS down to a very reasonable level before we went live on RIM (of course then it went right back up, but GM owns those parts, right? )

The system is very flexible, and can do a lot that the others do.
Richard

WOW!!

Postby tcollins » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:42 pm

We have been on the system since January. Unfortunately, we continue to struggle.
tcollins

WOW!!

Postby texaslp » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:35 am

We are looking at Arkona now. Any other thoughts? Tcollins has it gotten any better?
texaslp

WOW!!

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:04 pm

No problems still here. The buyout (Dealer Track) was probably a really good thing; in the long run they will have more money to spend on development, ect. The only gripe I have is the charge I had to pay to get RIM-tragrated....bad enough I knew I was about to get a screwing from GM, but to take one from my system provider too? kinda hurt.

Support has gotten better.
I would invite you over to see it 1sthand, but you're in TX? Insist on seeing it somewhere in person, at a live store. (BTW, this is with ANY system, not just ARKONA)
Talk to the people who use it daily, and find out what system they were on before.

IMHO, YMMV, ect.
Richard

WOW!!

Postby tcollins » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:08 pm

texaslp

No, not really. Feel free to contact me.
tcollins

WOW!!

Postby Rhino125 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Arkona (;<(/ I find the system to be unstable, You ge things fixed and it runs fine for awhile and then it changes. The worst I find is the comments on the help desk "Well you're the only Dealer having these issues???? Don't assume it runs correctly all the time "Inspect what you Expect"!! The Best Thing I see with Arkona is the Price and that represents what it's worth. It's Friendly if you have enough staff to keep checking set-ups!!

Good Luck to all In your ventures with Arkona and please don't start drinking because of it unless it's water........

------------------
Rhino125
Rhino125

WOW!!

Postby rmerrill1 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Rhino125 are you a Arkona Dealer or a Consultant?

------------------
rmerrill1

Next

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum