SPO's

SPO's

Postby vtecmanager » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 pm

Is there a report to list pre-paid special orders other than the canned report in 24?

Part two: Since the pre-paid SPO's go into a holding account before you clear the SPO, would you still have to account for them during a physical inventory or a month end rec?

[This message has been edited by vtecmanager (edited 11-02-2007).]

vtecmanager

SPO's

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:10 am

Go into 20, and select "Unrealized Sales" Report, select all, and then you'll have at the bottom "Special Order Deposit". I always run ALL prepaids right before I do inventory, and put them to the side with a NO COUNT tag; otherwise they DO have to be counted.

Hope that helps....

P.S. I'm doing my physical inventory in about 3 hours.....wish me luck!
Richard

SPO's

Postby vtecmanager » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:34 am

How'd it go? I have mine Dec 23 so I'm trying to get ready. Is there any other Arkona tips that you have to give for inventory? Thnaks!
vtecmanager

SPO's

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:51 am

I told the Accountant I'd be $2k~2.5K over, and he thought I'd be short about the same amount, looking at the pre-figures. I hired a team of 10 very experienced counters, and 2 of my service advisors who were used to our system, and could use their own workstations. I have worked really hard to make sure it's countable, and did a lot of cleanup and precounting in the month before.
116K of inventory took less than 2 hours to count. We did have a few problems we had to recount (mainly filters {bulk/fleet pack oil, air and fuel} and bulk chemicals were the major nuisances, but cores are a problem too. Make SURE to set-up your dirty cores in a seperate bin (I used "Core DTY") and your clean cores need to be set-up in the same bin as the base part #. Instruct your counters to make sure to go back and recount the main part when they come across a -C part number. (The -C part number will print at the bottom of your main manafactuer part number, right above any OT parts in that bin.)

Also, get you a few packs of coloured paper; run your "B4" Counter pad on one colour, and your "After' On another. I also use coloured paper for my count sheets (reason being if any one of your counters lays one down somewhere, it's easier to find.)

Good Luck!!
Richard

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum