Parts Sales to Repair Orders

Postby bsilcox » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Just a simple questions to the wonderful Parts People of Car World! In the Parts Screen we can only see the first line of the Op Code from the Repair Order is it a MAJOR ISSUE to scroll up or down in the screen to look at all the Op Code Information. I have asked Arkona to make the system so the parts people can see the whole Op Code Information. Not a Rant just asking a question! If the Parts Managers would ask their Counter People I would like to know, Just for the heck of it! Thanks in advance for any and all feed back.

------------------

bsilcox

Postby vtecmanager » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:45 am

Whenever a RO is created in service at our dealership, the parts department printer shoots out a copy of the RO. Everything is right there for us to see. This process is kind of a tree killer, but it works for us. Hope this helps.

------------------
Parts Ninja

vtecmanager

Postby Richard » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 pm

We print a single hard copy. The tech must have a hard copy to get parts. We used to print 2 (one for the advisors, one to give the tech, but as you said, it's just killing additional trees.)

Since we have the printed page, getting to the correct line isn't a huge deal here.
Richard

Postby bsilcox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:37 am

Good Morning Vtecmanager and Richard;
Is this a copy of the orginial repair order that the ASM creates? Does it print at the parts counter and do you reprint with add on upsell lines? One issue that I have in my store is I have tried to keep the number of ops limited and If we start a repair order customer pay and it changes to Warranty or Service Contract or Internal Goodwill I am having a communication concern as to what line for parts and how are they to be paid. I have asked Arkona to let the parts guys see the entire line but they are working on that. Any suggestions you may have until they can get that completed to help with mu issue between Parts and Service at my store?
Thanking You In Advance for any and all KELP!

vtecmanager
Member-posted-12-21-2007-09:45
Whenever a RO is created in service at our dealership, the parts department printer shoots out a copy of the RO. Everything is right there for us to see. This process is kind of a tree killer, but it works for us. Hope this helps.
Parts Ninja
Richard
Member-posted-12-21-2007-04:01PM
We print a single hard copy. The tech must have a hard copy to get parts. We used to print 2 (one for the advisors, one to give the tech, but as you said, it's just killing additional trees.)
Since we have the printed page, getting to the correct line isn't a huge deal here.

------------------

bsilcox

Postby Richard » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:29 am

We reprint warranty Hard copies, but in the case of internal or CP, we just write in the line info.

We have a generic CP line that the advisors can write in whatever repair is needed, rather than having to remeber 100's of OP codes. Currently I think we have about 20 or so fast services, but most CP jobs use the generic line.
Richard

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:22 pm

A copy of the repair order pops out in the parts department just as it would in the service drive, the same document. We have a small shop and the service advisors just call us to let us know of the changes.
vtecmanager

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum