Arkona Questions

Arkona Questions

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

One of the stores I work with recently switched to Arkona from ADP. It has been an interesting transition to say the least. There are certain aspects of the system that I like, but we are struggling in 2 areas. First and most important is the day to day checking of part numbers. They have us sitting at a "sales" invoice screen and basically everything you check is sold, then canceled or deleted. On both ADP and Reynolds you sit at an inquiry screen, when you check a number you punch it in, and then when you sell it you go over to an RO or Parts ticket. Do you guys do the delete thing every time you check a price? Also special orders, what are your procedures for notifying the customer?
Gerry Laughlin

Arkona Questions

Postby Parts007 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 pm

I've been on Arkona for 13 months. So i consider myself an Arkona rookie, but i will do my best.

Yes you must delete the "invoice" after you are done checking a number. I liked the R&R inquiry screen which showed open orders, crosships/backorders, invoices/RO's part was billed out on. You could tell alot from that inquiry screen. Not so from the Arkona "invoice" screen.

what specifically are you trying to figure out with special orders?

Parts007

Arkona Questions

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

One of the reasons they went with Arkona was hearing how they were "responsive" to the customer, has anyone told them how much the invoice screen stinks?
As far as Special order, what steps do you take to make sure the customer gets notified that their parts are in?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Arkona Questions

Postby wholesaleguy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Remember the Parts Transactions screen is a billing that most use as an Inquiry screen, so yes you would need to delete anything, because it treats the transaction as a sale. The Parts in Inventory is better used as an Inquiry Screen to me. That shows you your QOH, and youre QU- in Process, you can also search demands, sales, and in process sales.

Now on the Special order Process, the part is received, and the order status changes to Filled, whoever contacts the customers to notify them that the parts have arrived need to change the special order status to Notified, and input the notes in the note field. SERVECE has access to do this too so dont let think they can get away with not calling the customer, this would allow you to hold the individuals responsible for notifying the customer.you give them the reports showing the order filled for the customer, and they then contact the customer, and change the status to notified

Wiki Link:

https://www.arkona.com/website_09/suppo ... ial_Orders

Thanks,
-Ray

[This message has been edited by wholesaleguy (edited 08-04-2010).]

wholesaleguy

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum