Lost without RPG

Lost without RPG

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:19 am

How are you guys getting along without a report generator? Right now I need a list of our customers that has whether they are cash or charge, and their price level assignment and cannot even seem to come close. I also need list of everything with a class or gm group of 5.880 that has current O.H. and 12 months sales, and bin, and can't seem to get at that. I like the system but I am finding the reporting to be frustrating. I have even asked for a complete output of the 2 respective files parts and the customer files, and figured I would get what I need out of excel and I am being told that that is not available.
Gerry Laughlin

Lost without RPG

Postby Parts007 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 am

I have been using the data extraction. It was set up for me by Arkona after I called and complained about the lack of report generator.

But you are correct, you cannot sort by group because it is not in its own field, it is attached to the back of the description of the part.

They have been saying for the past year that the report generator is coming out, but nothing yet.
Parts007

Lost without RPG

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 pm

If I can even get at that I should be ok, because I think they use a "[" and a "]" around the group, so text to column in excel should break out the group.
Gerry Laughlin

Lost without RPG

Postby Parts007 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 pm

taken from a data extraction screen

CONNECTOR (03675-BOPCKT)
Parts007

Lost without RPG

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Ok, good, text to column on "(" then text to column on ")", you now have a column of 03675-BOPCKT , text to column on "-", so you now have group in it's own column. Will this extraction have 12 months sales?
Gerry Laughlin

Lost without RPG

Postby Parts007 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

yes it does, with all these fields:

Company
Manuf
Part Number
Part Description
Qty on Hand
Cost
Status
Date in Inv/Phase In
Last Sale Date
Stocking Group
On Order
Date Phase Out
Best Stocking Level Days Suppl
Best Reorder Point
Days Supply
Weighted Daily Avg Demand
Days Measured for Orders
MTD Net Demand
365 Net Demand
List
Stocking Guides
Bin Location
Shelf Location
Flat Price
Month - 1
Month - 2
Month - 3
Month - 4
Month - 5
Month - 6
Month - 7
Month - 8
Month - 9
Month - 10
Month - 11
Month - 12
St
Enterprise
Enterprise-Company
Parts007

Lost without RPG

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 pm

I can make that work, are there names of the data extraction files? Is there anything as complete for the customer file? Thanks
Gerry Laughlin

Lost without RPG

Postby Parts007 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 am

This particular data extraction was set up for me by a knowledgable rep.. Not the average rep could do this, and it was tough to get someone to understand what i was looking for.

I run it whenever i want to get the latest info on my inventory.

I am sure that a rep could set up a particular customer based report.
Parts007

Lost without RPG

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

Parts007,
It looks like they added that extraction to the normal list, or changed the normal extraction to that setup. I ran the extraction then was able to do the text-to-column on the description field. I recorded it as a macro so that all I have to do is run the macro and it gives me the group as an extracted column. Works like a charm.
The Customer file extraction had all the info I need (including price level) so that worked like a charm also. I sure appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum