Core returns to the WPC

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:02 pm

For any of you GM guys, how do you handle billing out cores when the parts are returned to the WPC?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Parts007 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Service creates another repair order to just bill out the core part number. But the Arkona system does not deduct it from the system, so you must do a manual adjustment to relieve the inventory also.
Parts007

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:35 pm

If you bill the core on the new RO it WILL relieve inventory.
Richard

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Parts007 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:59 pm

no it does not
Parts007

Core returns to the WPC

Postby SILVERADOSS » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:40 pm

You should be able to bill out the part number with -c. Example 20960900-c. This will only work if you gave core credit on the first repair order.

Mike
SILVERADOSS

Core returns to the WPC

Postby wholesaleguy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 am

All,

PARTS007 is correct, our system treats the core sale as a IO,and it will not relieve inventory.

Silveradoss,

That is also correct the OEM number with a -C at the end will bill a core part if the factory price tape has the part as a core part, or you added it manually.

Thanks,
-Ray
wholesaleguy

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Richard » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Ray,

Not to dispute you, but I've never had a core inventory problem when sending injectors back to the WPC. I always bill the BASE part number, then delete the base part, leaving only the core part....maybe that's why??
Richard

Core returns to the WPC

Postby wholesaleguy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 am

Richand,

The only way you can RELIEVE your inventory of a dirty core part,is by an Inventory Adj, or by Factory Return. I have never seen it relieved by a sale.

EXAMPLE: you sell a parts that has a core value on a ro, and credit the core value on that same ro, you would now have, 1 QOH of a dirty core. Then you bill it out for warranty ,you do exactly as you stated but you will still have that 1 QOH, and need to adjust the inventory.

Am I missing something here, can you send me an example if this is incorrect?

Thanks,
Ray
wholesaleguy

Core returns to the WPC

Postby Richard » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Ray,

You're right, when you need to relieve inventory, only 2 ways I know to do it, sell it on an RO/Inv, or do a factory return. When we have a WPC request, I 'sell' the cores to the new RO for the WPC return. Make more sense now?

------------------
GM Certified Parts Manager.
ASE P4 Certified.

http://agmpartsmanager.blogspot.com/

Views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of My Employer.

Richard

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum