Arkona data question

Arkona data question

Postby Backlash » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Dealer Pulse Pro extracts customer info from Arkona and uses it for reporting customer renention.
I have a lot of "lost customers" as per the reports from DPP.
My question is, if I go into the customer info through the service side and delete the vehicle from the customer(I can't delete the customer, just the vehicle), will this eliminate that particular customer from showing up on the "lost customer" report?
Backlash

Arkona data question

Postby wholesaleguy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 am

Backlash,

What are you referring to as "lost customers"? Im assuming these are customers that never returned to your service department.

I know you could create a customer called "Deleted Customer" and Merge the lost customers to that, so its all under one customer file!

~Ray

[This message has been edited by wholesaleguy (edited 10-06-2011).]

wholesaleguy

Arkona data question

Postby Backlash » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 am

Correct. These are customers that have not returned for customer pay service work.
For example: A customer buy's from us in Louisiana, then moves to Kentucky, he wont ever come in for service. These reports pick it up as a "lost customer", not retained and lowers our retention numbers. Customer retention is calculated by GM like this, Total number of vehicles sold for the past 5 years, minus the customers that have had customer paid service. So, if we sold 3000 vehicles in the last 5 years and only 750 of those had customer paid service done here, we would be at 25% customer retention.

I need to remove the customers out of our database that I know will not get service here. If I delete the vehicle from the customer name, will this remove the customer from this lost customer report?
Do you know if DPP uses the customer name or vin when reporting?

I'm just trying to get an accurate customer retention number.
I feel like our DMS is clogged up with inactive customers.

Backlash

Arkona data question

Postby wholesaleguy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am

Backlash,

You would need to find out from DPP what criteria they look for in that report to GM. I would think you could use the method I described below to achieve the results your looking for.

~Ray
wholesaleguy

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum