Parts Price Matrix

Parts Price Matrix

Postby MovingForward » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Looking for an "expert" in the field of parts price matrix on DealerTrack in which I could contact. In our auto group we have a difference of opinion on how there matrix works between our managers. Would love to have a conversation with someone that knows it very well and could answer our questions using a couple different scenarios.

Thanks
MovingForward

Re: Parts Price Matrix

Postby wholesaleguy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Its been a while but, you have 12 adjustemnt levels of let say .01 - 3.00, and 3.00 - 10.00 you can base the adjustment on cost, list, or trade. 100 = value listed 110 would be 10% over, 120% would be 20% over. Im not sure , I would need to test it but I think the value cap is $500.00 meaning anything over will not be adjusted to matrix price.

Here is a link to the wiki:

https://www.dealertrackdms.com/support/wiki/index.php/Parts_-_Matrix_Pricing

-Ray
wholesaleguy

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm

I've often wondered why we do price matrixing anymore; customers can get on the internet and see our cost thanks to the many wholesale direct dealers out there. I would be PISSED if I got charged 300% mark-up, so I decided that matrixing isn't the way to go.
Richard

Postby MovingForward » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Richard, I agree 110%. However, the people that sign my check expect a certain GP% and the only way I can get to that percentage is by using a matrix. I have "relaxed" my matrix as much as I can and still fly under the radar of the owner. Believe me, my matrix is the least aggressive of anyone in our dealer group and surrounding dealers.
MovingForward

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum