Edinburgh Release

Edinburgh Release

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am

(A) I hate GUI's in the parts dept. When we were on EDS, that was probably the WORST thing that happened when they introduced EDS@NET, luckily, it was something we could choose to install. Hopefully this will be similar. (B) Snap-On's new EPC, anyone else just really not happy about it? We did get the intergration working, but it's fairly clumbsy. Again, another decent product that went from a stand-alone program, to yet ANOTHER web-based (resource-hogging) application.
Richard

Edinburgh Release

Postby Matt Parsons » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 pm

As Richard states, that is why we at EDS implemented our Graphical User Interface (GUI) in a way where each user could decide if they wanted to use it or to stay with a 'Green Screen' look and feel. It was interesting to watch the adoption of this offering.

From my experience, when this is introduced to users for the first time (that have not been on the older version of the system) they pretty well adopted it in all departments without much push back. If however, you attempted to implement with an existing long-time user, the push back could be significant.

The flexibility to run a GUI user next to a green screen user proved to be a very smart move by us in that it allowed people to choose how they wanted to look at and use their system.
Matt Parsons

Edinburgh Release

Postby rmerrill1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Just so everyone understands. The green screen are NOT going away. If you do not want to run on the new GUI you dont have too.

Just so you know that the GUI will not take anymore more resources than the Green Screen.
rmerrill1

Edinburgh Release

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 am

Rod,

Sorry, the resource hog comment was NOT aimed at ARKONA. I have found ARKONA to be very respectful of computer resources. That comment was aimed at S-OBS, previously know as ProQuest.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 04-18-2007).]

Richard

Re: Edinburgh Release

Postby tolka » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:05 am

Then you can get the bottom line without wasting the paper. I send 95% of any reports I print to "Qprint" just so I can see what I'm getting before wasting paper.......!!!!!!!!!
kaleem
tolka

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum