This would be great if......

Postby tonyo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:32 pm

only there was a way to have more Arkona users involved. I just found out about this site and unfortunately there only seems to be about 2 other people that know about it. Didn't Arkona once have a DMS lounge forum on their site? Our store has been on Arkona only since August, went through a parts inventory 2 weeks later and here we are. Although there are many nice things about it there are just as many headaches either brought on by ourselves or the folks in Salt Lake. Getting back to the reason for this post, I just think it would be nice if more people would know about this forum.
tonyo

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:27 pm

I know how you feel man.
vtecmanager

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

They had a forum at their own site, but you never could get anyone to answer a question on there. Very rarely do you get a quick reply on here either, unless me or one of the 2 or 3 other people that have been on the system more than a year or 2 jumps on the check the forum. I will say the best information I ever got from Arkona was at their Advanced Parts training....I really wish I could have gone to the series they had with Mike Nichols this year.

They dropped the Dealer Lounge on their site mainly because nobody wanted to fool with it.

PS, how did your inventory go?

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-28-2007).]

Richard

Postby tonyo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:15 pm

Rich, Inventory went great. I was sweatin' bullets beforehand but it went very smooth. I'm a Ford/Subaru/Heavy Truck dealer in NJ, about 600k inventory in 3 separate stores so there was a lot of different setups involved.
I will say this about Arkona, once you get in touch with the "right" person and voice your concern, the problem usually gets fixed a lot quicker than when we were with ADP. The problem is finding that person.
tonyo

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 am

Welcome aboard the "Arkona" boat Tonyo! I know what you mean about finding the right person, I have a short list of people to contact that will make something happen at Arkona, sometimes calling in just doesn't get anything done very quickly.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-30-2007).]

Richard

Postby tcollins » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:55 am

Richard, care to give us the short list for contacts? I still have trouble getting a straight answer.
tcollins

Postby Gasser » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Looking for a report that will show me no sales 30,60 days for our wholesale parts customers. Have only been on Arkona 1 week &
appreciate any info.
Gasser

Postby adikahuna » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Gasser,

Are you looking for parts with no sale in the past 30 or 60 days? or a report of wholesale customers with no purchases in 30 to 60 days?
adikahuna

Postby Gasser » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 am

Looking for wholesale customer IE: Body Shop,
trans/auto repair.
Gasser

Postby tonyo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am

The only way I know of is #22, Wholesale Analysis. This will show you current month, last month, 12 months, and current month last year for all of your wholesale customers. You can print it. You will have to highlite each customer with no sales...
tonyo

Next

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum