Lost Sales

Lost Sales

Postby tonyo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:33 am

We're a Ford dealer and as any other Ford dealer knows R.O. Fill Rate is very important to us with DPA. When we don't have a part in stock and are picking up from another dealer or FAD we usually wait until we reciept it then bill it out. By doing this we aren't recording a Lost Sale and aren't negatively affecting our fill rate. My question is if we record a lost sale beforehand will that affect our fill rate? It used to be very simple in ADP to record a lost sale but with Arkona you have to do everything twice. Unless, of course, I'm missing something. How do others record your lost sales?
tonyo

Lost Sales

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:10 pm

We just punch the number in the one screen. If it is out of stock or we do not stock it it automaticaly goes to LS. To post a lost sale all we have to do is to do a 90 and blam... lost sale...done. Be careful though, posting a lost sale and then picking it up and doing an EP will record false demand, two demands when there is realy only one demand.
vtecmanager

Lost Sales

Postby Richard » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:35 pm

I only hit "27" Lost Sale, if it is a TRUELY Lost Sale. In other words, I didn't have it on hand, the customer flipped me off and left...Lost Sale....otherwise I'll order/pick-up/ect that part for that customer which regardless of what route I take to get there, makes it a SALE, not a Lost-Sale.
Richard

Lost Sales

Postby tonyo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:25 pm

How about this scenario: Vehicle is in the shop and needs a belt I don't have in stock. Call down the street to local parts house and get a belt. But I want to record that lost sale of the factory belt. If you could please tell me how you would record the lost sale. I'd like to be able to do it on the R.O. screen I already have up. If I do that will it show anywhere on the printed R.O.? I want to make this as easy as possible and as few keystrokes as possible for my cranky counterman. Thanks, Tony

[This message has been edited by tonyo (edited 01-23-2008).]

tonyo

Lost Sales

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Just type the factory# in, when you get the prompt that says Emergency Purchase/ Special Order/ Negative On Hand, just hit enter again. My set ups automaticaly change it to a lost sale. The all you do is F3. Done.
vtecmanager

Lost Sales

Postby tonyo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:46 am

Thanks! After 5 months I probably should've known that but it was way down on my list of things to figure out. I appreciate the help.
tonyo

Lost Sales

Postby Richard » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:50 am

Entering a '27' in the bottom RH (prompt line) does the same thing. I am having to retrain my counterman after being out for over a week sick, the service manager had him buy out quite a bit more than would have happened had I been here, and not a single lost sale/argument that we had the part on hand......
Richard

Lost Sales

Postby tcollins » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:35 am

Tonyo

To answer your original question about fill rate. If the part is flagged as "stocked" and you put that on the ticket as an emergency purchase, lost sale, or negative OH, you will negatively effect your off the shelf fill rate you report to Ford. Posting prior to sale solves the immediate problem. If the part is flagged as "non-stocked", it has no affect on "off the shelf" fill.
tcollins

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum