new user

new user

Postby bullcity64 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Our dealer is signing an Arkona contract next month and we are supposedly switching over from ADP June 1st. What should I expect or what should I be doing in the interim to have a seamless transition?

Thx for the input
bullcity64

new user

Postby Gasser » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 am

We got on Arkona 3 wks ago and i would expect that you will not have a seamless
transition. However,I was impressed with their tech support. Keep your ADP on as long
as possible to refer back to and buy a backup
bottle of excederin
Gasser

new user

Postby texaslp » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:35 am

Good for you for thinking a seamless transition is possible. Ask Arkona for a referral or two who recently made the switch from ADP, they should be able to give you some good resources. Basically make sure you know for a fact what will transfer over and what will not. Even then, print out all of your setups. One other thing to know is you and your people will be doing a lot of training the week before the install. Good luck. Keep the excedrin on hand at work, but you may also need something stronger for after hours.
texaslp

new user

Postby tonyo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:24 am

make sure you print out all customer discounts because they won't carry over.You will have to manually change each customer's discount. You'll find that when they call before they come out that the guy you talk to knows what he's doing. He'll set up your ordering parameters and sources the way you want and make suggestions off of your parameters. Print out all of your reports in RPG along with the "view" screen. Chances are Arkona won't have exactly what you had but by showing the installers what you used daily they may be able to produce something similar. Remember... this isn't ADP. Many things are completely different (not better or worse just different)Be prepared to adapt to changes and doing a lot of bin checks because your counts will be off just because your people are used to the old way of doing things. Oh.... and watch your DMS Provider expenses drop about 90% from where you are now.

[This message has been edited by tonyo (edited 02-13-2008).]

tonyo

new user

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Also tax ID#'s do not carry over as well. Make sure you ask about the special order process and understand everything about it. Ask how your current special orders carry over as well. When it is all said and done, run a counter pad to look out for crazy stuff that pops up.

------------------
Parts Ninja

vtecmanager

new user

Postby Richard » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 am

Another tip, get your WIP down to NOTHING before the switch. The less open RO's and on-hold parts tickets you have the better. Have ALL your outside purchases posted, and if possible, hold your factory order the day the switch will occur. Remember any backorders on the old system will have to be either rebuilt on the new, or you better make a list of them. Inventory your fast moving parts if possible in the 30 days before the switch.
If your a GM dealer, tell them to Hold the RIM!....LOL

Good luck! ARKONA's swaps are getting better and better.
Richard

new user

Postby TOYOTA GOD » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 am

Yes we made the switch in Feb 08. As a Parts Manager it was the worst mistake we've made. Inventory control is a joke. Tracking special orders a nightmare. Tracking anything is impossible, no timestamp, no history, watch out for parts invoices being Voided for no reason. and even Arkona can't tell me why.
Arkona isn't going to help dealers retain customers when parts orders go missing for days (once again arkona can't tell me why).
if the cashier doesn't release the parts counter ticket in her drawer, then the customers part will not even get ordered when promised.
there is no way in arkona-land to balance a stock order. hello, does this make any sence??? my shipping and recieving clerk can reciept any order, any amount, into my inventory and as a parts manager there is no way to match an invoice to a dollar amount.
bottom line is if any parts managers out there hear that their dealer is getting Arkona, just give your notice now. get out while you can.
TOYOTA GOD

new user

Postby rmerrill1 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Toyota God please tell what dealership you are from so I can help. I am the Product Manager for Fixed Ops.
rmerrill1

new user

Postby TOYOTA GOD » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 pm

I am from Richmond Va.
TOYOTA GOD

new user

Postby tonyo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:41 am

Toyota God, I've been right where you are now. You've only been there a month...give it time. You were used to a system that you felt totally comfortable with now you have something completely different, not neccesarily worse just different. We switched last August.You'll find that tracking what happened to a part is possible. It may not be where you would think it would but it's there. Some of the things that happen that you can't explain you may find out that one of your emplyees(or even yourself) typed the wrong thing and actually caused the problem withour realizing it.
I say all of this because as I stated earlier I've been where you are. Most of the problems I had with Arkona were of my own doing. You're going to have to change the way you used to do some things. I'm sure your DP, like my own, went through a lot of research before coming to the conclusion to swith to Arkona. He ain't changing anytime soon. Give the system time. Eventually you'll forget the advantages of your old system and deal with this one. Eventually you'll rarely have to deal with the lousy support. Feel free to call me anytime. Maybe I can help, maybe not.
Tony Oliveri
Miller Ford
609-261-7801
tonyo

Next

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum