Warranty pricing errors

Warranty pricing errors

Postby vtecmanager » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:13 am

does anybody else have issues with parts being billed out at with the wrong pricing group? I've had a case for a while now (#1034767 for you arkona guys), and I'm getting a little angry about it. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens about 13.83% of the time (166 warranty ro's, 12 screw ups since 8/1/09).
vtecmanager

Warranty pricing errors

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:45 am

We have had it happen, but it only occured when the SA wrote the RO up as CP, then changed it to warranty AFTER the parts come in, AND that time period straddles the 1st of the month (price change).

------------------
GM Certified Parts Manager.
ASE P4 Certified.

http://agmpartsmanager.blogspot.com/

Views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of My Employer.

Richard

Warranty pricing errors

Postby wholesaleguy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:12 pm

I do see the part selling at Matrix, but I would need a open RO that this is happening on to see why.
My guess is when the counter person is billing out the parts he is selecting the override net option.

Ray Malaski
DMS Installer
DealerTrack Dealer Management System
800.945.1028 x 8974
ray.malaski@dealertrack.com
www.dealertrack.com

wholesaleguy

Warranty pricing errors

Postby tcollins » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Here's few situations we have seen:

Incorrect set up on the service side for warranty repairs pricing.

Counter people changing net and the system is set up as net x mark up = sell. Counter people have to remember to change the sell back down to the original warranty price or account for the net difference in accounting and not override it.

SA changing pay types after the parts have been put on the ticket.

Parts that don't fall under normal warranty pay structure; such as powertrain.
tcollins

Warranty pricing errors

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:49 pm

2 more problems we have encounted TODAY that can affect this.

Local used car lot that gets wholesale parts pricing over-the-counter brought a car in for repair, when the RO was written, it was written CP, but turned into warranty. This screwed the warranty pricing up.

Next, car written up as extended warranty, but became emissions warranty, this also caused a pricing problem.

Most, if not all warranty pricing problems are caused by faulty RO writing.
Richard

Warranty pricing errors

Postby vtecmanager » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm

tcollins:
So how do you keep advisiors from changing pay types? I don't see how you could.

Richard:
How would yo go about writing up warranty? Is there a trick to it that I don't know about. Since s not happining 100% of the time it is kind of hard to catch.
vtecmanager

Warranty pricing errors

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

VT, not sure if Honda has anything like GMVIS or not, but our advisors are SUPPOSED to VIS every vehicle before they write it up. I say supposed to, because most of the time they ignore that rule. "C" - customer pay is the default, "W" is warranty, "S" is extended warranty. Each has it's own labor and parts mark-up set-up in intial settings.

For example, 'W' has a $79/hour door rate, and parts mark-up is fixed at 40% (we have to manually override powertrain stuff like transmissions and engines, GM won't pay 40% on them). It's all set-up in accounting on the Service side.

Richard

Warranty pricing errors

Postby tcollins » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:08 pm

vtecmanager

Counter people are asked to use a little common sense as to year, mileage, and type of warranty. The other point is that only the advisor can approve parts ordering for their customer's with few exceptions, so we ask them at that time, what lines they want the parts on and is it a warranty. Both help but we still have our fair share of problems.
tcollins

Warranty pricing errors

Postby vtecmanager » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:43 pm

tcollins

I agree with you on the common sense thing. But the fact of the mater is that I should not have to manualy check the pricing of ALL warranty parts put on ALl warranty RO's. Thats why we pay a fee to use this program. BTW....this problem is still not fixed. Case#1034767.....since 8/12/2009....just a little help?
vtecmanager

Warranty pricing errors

Postby tcollins » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

vtecmanager:

Absolutely agree with your postion and No I can't stop them from changing pay types. The system appears to have been written from the service side first, then parts and therefore most of the controls are in service.
tcollins

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum