Setting Stock order criteria

Postby Russ Cox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 pm

I am currently resetting the stock order criteria for our dealership as the settings that we have inherited do not seem to be aligned with our situation.

Trousers first... then shoes...

We are in American Samoa... a little island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean about half way between Hawaii and New Zealand... and it takes between 60 days (if all the planets are aligned) to 90 days (planet misalignment)to receive a regular surface stock order from the day we order it. I know that if the parameters are set right in the Dealertrack system all of our guess work will be taken away and we will be dealing with far better information. Would anyone of you Arkona buffs have an idea of where to set our dynamic days supply, and the weighted daily average percentages for our situation to allow us to find out our best stocking levels? I'm starting to get my head around it with help from the Wiki site but any assistance from you blokes (or gals) in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Faafetai tele lava.
Russ
Russ Cox

Postby wholesaleguy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Russ,

Since you are on your own server I dont have access to look at your stocking order criteria, can you list what you are currently using, and how often you are placing a stock order, also do you overide the stock order criteria within the stocking groups, and if so what is the criteria set for?

------------------
Ray Malaski
DMS Installer
DealerTrack Dealer Management System
800.945.1028 x 8974
ray.malaski@dealertrack.com
www.dealertrack.com

[This message has been edited by wholesaleguy (edited 12-17-2009).]

wholesaleguy

Postby Russ Cox » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Ray.

I will give you a call later on today when my SA comes in.
Russ Cox

Postby vtecmanager » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am

Try posting this in the parts manager fourm. It might get more hits than in here.
vtecmanager

Postby Russ Cox » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks
Russ Cox

Postby Gary J. Naples » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am

Hi Russ,

Just saw your post. We consult with clients in the Caribbean, Central American countries, etc., with unusually long order lead times. Unfortunately, U.S. market settings do not apply in these situations as I'm sure they don't in yours. If you haven't figured out good standard settings contact me. I believe I can assist you. I'll need some specific information about your order cycle. If your interested, please send me your email address to garynaples@freelance-associates.com.

Gary
Gary J. Naples

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum