Dealer Track Complaints?

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:15 am

I keep seeing these posts in other forums about how many problems people are seeing a lot of problems with Dealer Track. We're seeing some little hic-cups, but nothing huge....what are these problems you're seeing???

------------------
GM Certified Parts Manager.
ASE P4 Certified.

http://agmpartsmanager.blogspot.com/

Views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of My Employer.

Richard

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:58 am

Richard,
The store I help lost tech request notifications back in the fall, we have had cases opened, then they would lose the case. We were told it was national, is that true? Are you getting tech requests notifications? Overall, my complaints are not about reliability of the software, it's more about design, it just does not make sense. By the way, have you heard any more on the report generator that we were told would be in place by October when we purchased it? The dealertrack guys got ahold of my DP at NADA, apparently they impressed him, I told him we would have a long talk when he gets back. I just wish the guys that are writing the software were as good as the Dealertrack salespeople.
Just my opinion.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Gerry, I'm going to assume you use dispatching and ERO; we don't. So I don't know about these functions. The main issues we've had were RO's that got voided and abandoned Special Orders with no parts ordered. These are stuck in my special order system with no way to remove them. Last spring we lost all our customization to our stocking groups, ect, but they helped get this fixed. We have other little glitches from time to time, but no more than we saw on the previous vendor's system.
Richard

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby wholesaleguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Gerry,

Yes, it was a national issue that should be resolved now...you could have the tech requests print to the parts printer if you would prefer that, and I dont believe we have a release date on our report generator yet.

Let me know if you need any help!

Thanks,
-Ray

wholesaleguy

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby JPainter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 am

Sorry for the delayed responseI was on vacation yesterday recovering from NADA!

A couple of points:

1) We either already have or are about to go to pilot with an updated version of report writer. It doesnt fall under my fixed ops responsibilities, but I understand it was well received at NADA. I believe the intent is to begin enrolling dealers in the 2nd or 3rd quarter after the pilot program is complete.

2) Regarding glitches. Yes, we have them from time to time and I appreciate Richard pointing out that other vendors have them as well (I know; I did work for both Reynolds and ADP in the past). I suggest that if you have glitches that you report them to our customer support team (877.357.8725) and be sure to keep track of your case number. With that number you can follow-up on the status of your issue.

3) I already have a number of enhancements planned for fixed operations this year, but if you have ideas about how we can improve our fixed ops applications, please feel free to forward them to me at jeffrey.painter@dealertrack.com.

Thanks,

Jeff Painter
Director of Product Management, Fixed Operations
DealerTrack DMS

------------------
JPainter

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am

Hey, DT Guys - I wasn't trying to start a witch hunt here, I just know that I personally have found that a great deal of the problems I've found are issues with training. I'm helping another dealer that was never told about running PI/PO, or if he was, he just forgot it, and he was running out of stuff, stuff wasn't phasing in, and his OBS was rising. I've been on the DT system longer than anyone around the area, so I get a lot of questions from local guys about the system. I've said many times that training on anyone's system is the key.
Richard

Dealer Track Complaints?

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 am

I was just told by Tech support that there hasn't been any issue with tech requests. I guess they didn't get the memo.
Gerry Laughlin

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum