Bad Parts Supercessions

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby tcollins » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:29 am

Any one seeing bad Ford parts supercessions? About a week ago we started to see some parts supercessions that Ford says don't exit.
tcollins

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby Richard » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 pm

I've had a bunch of bad SS's in GM for a while now, I was told long ago that all the dealers on each server share a Manufacteurs parts master, and if one makes an error, it affects everyone. Not sure if that is STILL true, but looking at some of the PNC's I'll bet it is.
Richard

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby wholesaleguy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Richard,

Thats correct, but for us to make a change we request a screen print or screen shot of gmglobalconnect showing the correct supersession. Whatever you have at the beginning of the month is what is provided to us from the Manufacture, we have no control over the information they place on the price tape.

-Ray
wholesaleguy

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby JPainter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Ray's comments are correct...there is a global file that all dealers share on each server and since we affect all dealers if we make a change to the latest information we have from an OEM we do ask for confirmation before we implement any manual changes to the OEM data we have.

Later this year, as part of a wide range of enhancements we will be releasing for parts, will be the ability for any dealer to trump an OEM part supersession on their own. Clients will have the ability to delete a supersession record from the OEM file or substitute their own number change information to replace the OEM number change record. These changes will be visible only to the dealer who makes them and not to the entire customer base who are sharing the same server.

------------------
JPainter

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby tcollins » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm

What I'm finding is a bunch that can't be verified on the tape. Is Ford set up the same way as to effect each other?
tcollins

Bad Parts Supercessions

Postby wholesaleguy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

Yes, all manufactures are the same as far as I know!
wholesaleguy

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum