Goodbye Arkona.

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Tue May 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Our switchover is next Tuesday. Just wanted to publically state a big THANK YOU to everyone at the old Arkona that's still around a big thank you for all the help over the last 10 years.

To the ones with Dealertrack, I'd also like to say thanks as well - I still personally think that DealerTrack is one of the BEST systems on the market currently.

The next few weeks (months) are going to be hectic, and I wanted to make sure I said something.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 05-15-2012).]

Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Richard,
Who are you going with?
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby JPainter » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Richard:

Thanks for taking the time for the posting. I have shared your thoughts with our management team, the technical support manager, and our product management team. On their behalf I thank you for your membership in our Arkona / DealerTrack family in the past and wish you the best in the future.

Jeff Painter
Director Product Management, Fixed Ops
JPainter

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Gerry,

I'm with Mike Nichols on this, I really don't want to mention them....
Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Mon May 21, 2012 4:33 pm

It's like invasion of the body snatchers, can't turn around without tripping over one of them...
Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Fri May 25, 2012 10:44 am

and send me a new keyboard; the F3 key is worn out on mine already...

and PAPER....send LOTS of paper.
Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby aksales » Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

"and send me a new keyboard; the F3 key is worn out on mine already..."

Ahh you must be just in one department, F3 for some, F4 for others, how about the good ol' CTL-C, dont' forget when in doubt ENTER out... at least its consistent with being inconsistent.
aksales

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I've never seen such a patchwork of junk in my life. Still can't get a decent sales report, have to wait for accounting to post (yes, it has batch accounting, which I thought was only for dinosaurs!!). Writing a PO is like the 4th level of hades.

Anyone who likes ADP over DT, you really need to lay off the drugs.
Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Richard,
Can't say I really "like" one better than the other, I know ADP far better and well enough to know that in all reality just about all the DMS being offered to the dealers suck. Each one just sucks in it's own way, and as you get more used to them they each have certain areas that they do better or worse.
Have you ever showed anyone from another industry the software we are expected to manage our inventory with? I have and they laughed. Whether it be ADP, Reynolds or Dealertrack they are all extremely archaic. All of them are just GUI's on the front of old and tired code. Someday someone is going to start from scratch and blow us all away with real software.
Hang in there, it will get easier. I actually hate Dealertrack a lot less than I used to. Maybe someday they will even get me the report writer and I will say something nice about them .
Good luck,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby wholesaleguy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Richard,

I know Im a little late on this one! What I tell my clients when it comes to transition from one DMS to another is 1) Attitude is everything! Your employees will feed from your attitude so if you hate it they will too, and that will hurt more than help. 2) You really wont be able to speak intelligently about the DMS at least until for a few months, so hold those preemptive thoughts because what you believe to be facts will change as you start to truly understand the DMS and all of its functions. 3) The real issue is CHANGE! No one likes it, and rarely do they embrace it! Blame most of the issues to change, and realize it will get better as time goes on.

Good luck my friend!
~Ray
wholesaleguy

Next

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum