Goodbye Arkona.

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby MovingForward » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Made the switch from ADP to Dealer Track 13 months ago. Still miss my ADP for alot of things.

I went into the switch with a very open mind. In the begining I had very few good things to say about Dealer Track. Over the course of the last 13 months I have managed to find a few good things to say about it, but still miss my ADP.

As for what Gerry said about a report writer, I couldn't agree more. Dealer Track came out with there "version" of a report generator and in my eyes it is a total failure.

As for what Wholesaleguy said, you are spot on. You must go into the change with an open mind and continue to keep an open mind about it at all times. As a manager no matter how much you like or dislike the change in systems you must put on a happy face and stay positive in front of your employees or all you will ever get is resistance and hatred. All that does is cut into your efficiency.

Just my $0.02
MovingForward

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 pm

It's been impossible to put on a happy face. We've had (so far) 4 different trainers through here. Each one has shown us a different way to do things, and none are anywhere like what the one before said. Billing a special order to an RO? how was it ordered? Counter ticket? Can't be done, you have to fill and void your counter ticket, then bill the part out of stock... sometimes...sometimes that doesn't work either.

Writing a PO? you have to open 3 seperate documents in PO smart desk to do that.

Counter customer decides they want service to install the part? Void your invoice and wait for service to write an RO.

and so on....

On DT I could bill an oil change in less than 15 seconds. (yes, I have kits set up on both systems). On Adp it takes no less than 2 minutes, sometimes more.

Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am

Today is the birthday of the lady that does our payroll. They asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said very softly "I just want Arkona back".

Richard

Goodbye Arkona.

Postby texaslp » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 pm

ADP payroll is pretty much the same as it was 35+ years ago. I tell them all the time how much I hate it. They don't care.
texaslp

Previous

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum