Report Writer

Report Writer

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am

I finally was given access to the core report writer and was pretty disappointed in its capabilities. Reading a little further it looks like I am going to need the advanced report writer. With the advanced report writer am I able to save the filters that I am not able to in the standard report writer? As an example could I write a report giving me a list of every part that has a negative on hand and have it emailed to me every morning?
Gerry Laughlin

Report Writer

Postby JPainter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Gerry...you shouldn't need advanced writer to save a report and schedule it for a daily email. Here is the link to the wiki on report writer: https://www.dealertrackdms.com/support/ ... rting_Tool.

If that is not sufficient to answer your questions, please contact support. I am not into the details of the writer as it falls under one of the other product directors.
JPainter

Report Writer

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

Jeff,
If you are going to schedule a report that contains any kind of filters, as an example a report giving me a list of every part that has a negative on hand and have it emailed to me every morning, you need the advanced report writer. I can do the basic report then apply the filters, but to have a report mailed that has the filters apllied (in this case "less than 0") you need the advanced report writer. I spoke with our sales rep and she was supposed to set up a demo for the advanced writer on the 23rd, they never sent me an email with the invitation to the demo like they were supposed to and she has yet to return my calls from Thursday or Friday.
Gerry Laughlin

Report Writer

Postby PartsJD » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 am

Gerry, did you ever get this working?

We are going on Dealertrack soon and I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

PartsJD

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum