Switching from ADP to DealerTrack

Postby okpartsmanager » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 pm

May be switching from ADP to DealerTrack. What do I need to know?

[This message has been edited by okpartsmanager (edited 08-30-2012).]

okpartsmanager

Postby wholesaleguy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 pm

okpartsmanager,

This is what I told Richard as he transitioned from DealerTrack to ADP.

What I tell my clients when it comes to transition from one DMS to another is 1) Attitude is everything! Your employees will feed from your attitude so if you hate it they will too, and that will hurt more than help. 2) You really wont be able to speak intelligently about the DMS at least until for a few months, so hold those preemptive thoughts because what you believe to be facts will change as you start to truly understand the DMS and all of its functions. 3) The real issue is CHANGE! No one likes it, and rarely do they embrace it! Blame most of the issues to change, and realize it will get better as time goes on.

~Ray
wholesaleguy

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Get the advanced Report Writer.
Gerry Laughlin

Postby okpartsmanager » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Have made the switch and all is going well but there is one thing that I miss from ADP and that is the SDL function. Does anyone know how to set up pick list's up by using a tire size that will call up all of the tires stocked in that size.

[This message has been edited by okpartsmanager (edited 01-22-2013).]

okpartsmanager

Re: Switching from ADP to DealerTrack

Postby wholesaleguy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

You can create a parts kit, with using the tire size as the kit number 2256517 then add the part numbers to the kit. The key to this is leaving the kit price blank this allows you to remove any part that you dont want once you bill the kit.
wholesaleguy

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum