Cores on Dealertrack

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 am

Hopefully someone casn help me get a better handle on cores, and please don't suggest the WIKI, when it comes to cores the WIKI may as well have been written in french. It talks about new cores being rolled in the value of the new part and dirty cores being rolled into the "-C" part number. So if I have a new 10496873 starter in stock and a 10496873 core in my return bin how many 10496873-C should I show? How is the value of the new core reflected in reports? Also it talks about G/L entries being made when cores are returned to the factory, doesn't the credit memo from GM handle that?
Any help would be appreciated.
Gerry Laughlin

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby JPainter » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks for posting this question. The parts product manager and I spent quite some time this week discussing some significant changes we intend to make to the core parts function within the DealerTrack parts application. I will be happy to put you in touch with him to help answer your questions if you wish to contact me at jeffrey.painter@dealtertrack.com.

Jeff Painter
Director of Product Management, Fixed Ops
DealerTrack DMS
JPainter

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby drapp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Gerry -

Did your dealer leave ADP?
drapp

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am

Gerry, I always had 2 bins at inventory.
Core-Clean and Core-Dirty. I kept my cores in source CR, and that was directed to 242A as an in-out acct. Hopefully, dirty cores were few. Clean cores you had to look up the base part and count, I always did those bins a day or 2 before the real inventory. As for taking cores out, that was done in the factory return menu.
Richard

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Dan,
Thankfully my dealer is still with ADP. I do side work with my old store and they switched to Dealertrack. I do have to admit that although I can't say I like Dealertrack I am getting to dislike them less. I would say that eventually we will switch, but it's at least one more contract cycle away.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby drapp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Gerry,

I was curious because the last time I checked with ADP our monthly cost was going to TRIPLE. We are a small store and it was going to be in excess of $10,000 per month. Couldn't do it - so we are month-to-month with them.

Someday when the building project gets underway / done I will have to revist this whole DMS contract. Can't wait...
drapp

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby wholesaleguy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Gerry,

If you run a counter pad you will see a column for "core" if a value is in that field that is where the system finds the new core value or Clean core. When a part is sold the system creates the core part number (the same part number that holds the core value with a -c at the end) The system then track the QOH by that part number with the total dirty core value, until you delete the core part number by making an inventory adjustment or making a core return in factory returns.

`Ray
wholesaleguy

Cores on Dealertrack

Postby JPainter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 am

We know that there are a number of enhancements we can provide for our core parts programs. In fact, we have a major rework of the core programs scheduled for the first two releases after NADA. I wont take the time and space to list here all the things we are planning to do ('tho I can tell you you will be able to see separate values for clean cores as well as dirty cores), but If anyone would like to contribute ideas of changes they would like to see they are welcome to email me at jeffrey.painter@dealertrack.com and I will share those ideas with my parts product manager who is in charge of that project.
JPainter

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum