Changes

Changes

Postby buck21752 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 am

To open a cash ticket you need to now look through all the customers vin numbers just to find the account just like you were a service adviser.
buck21752

Changes

Postby TEXASMOPARDEALER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:40 pm

I saw this new feature myself. The computer is helping you by showing you the vin numbers of the vehicles that have been serviced by your service dept. The outcome of the counter ticket has no bearing on which one you pick because it is not shown on the invoice. It has been very confusing for my countermen. It may be confusing at first but In the end it is a good feature because you won't have to ask the customer to go get their registration so you can look up a bottle of tu paint for a vehicle that may have been in your dealership 5 or 6 times
TEXASMOPARDEALER

Changes

Postby TEXASMOPARDEALER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm

I saw this new feature myself. The computer is helping you by showing you the vin numbers of the vehicles that have been serviced by your service dept. The outcome of the counter ticket has no bearing on which one you pick because it is not shown on the invoice. It has been very confusing for my countermen. It may be confusing at first but In the end it is a good feature because you won't have to ask the customer to go get their registration so you can look up a bottle of tu paint for a vehicle that may have been in your dealership 5 or 6 times
TEXASMOPARDEALER

Changes

Postby JPainter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 am

The VIN addition was the result of a request from some of our dealers and we have learned that some of our users love it and some dont love it. I cant give you an exact date but the parts product manager has told me that in a future release he will offer a setting in the counterperson setup that will control whether the VIN show sup or not, allowing each counterperson to determine if they wish to see the data or not.
JPainter

Re: Changes

Postby Richard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

This is why I miss DT, they actually are putting stuff in to the software we can use, or choose not to, instead of what the 3 letter one is doing removing useful stuff because ONE dealer group wanted it gone.
Richard

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum