Holding Parts - Initial Invoice or Qoute

Holding Parts - Initial Invoice or Qoute

Postby Gregg Atwood » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:41 pm

I have a question with regard to how other dealers hold parts for customers. We are running into an issue with RIM counting initial inoices as sales and reordering parts. How are you holding parts from inventory for a customer who is returning at a later date for say a service appointment? We have no problem putting a part on hold if we are ordering additional items, that is working fine. According to Dealertrack there is no way to hold parts from inventory. We contacted the dms support as well as WIKI.

It seems as though something has changed with regard to Initial Invoices & RIM, if I create an initial invoice and then delete it later RIM is still counting that and reordering, although it does not record the sale in RIM. This is causing issues with my RIM returns, as RIM has blamed dealertrack for false sales and will not cover the second order that RIM has created. (you didn't really think that RIM would cover everything it ordered did you?) Dealertrack says nothing happens with regard to inventory on an initial invoice. other than the part being in process I agree with Dealertrack.

I am hoping someone may have already worked through this issue and can steer me in the right direction.

Thank You
Gregg
Gregg Atwood

Re: Holding Parts - Initial Invoice or Qoute

Postby wholesaleguy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:56 pm

1. How are you currently holding a parts in the DMS? You could just use function 91 for this.

2. You can see the same data that RIM is looking at by exporting the parts master file to you desktop for a one time data transfer here: EX>Data Extraction Selection>Parts Inventory, or you can make this a recurring here:EX>Scheduled Jobs>Parts Inventory

This is a FTP file transfer and you will need to use filezilla, by installing it on your PC.

Data Extraction Selection:https://www.dealertrackdms.com/support/wiki/index.php/Data_Extraction_Parts_Inventory

Scheduled Jobs: https://www.dealertrackdms.com/support/wiki/index.php/Data_Exchange_Scheduled_Jobs

`Ray
wholesaleguy

Return to DealerTrack-Arkona Users Forum