BDC's

BDC's

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:00 pm

We started with a sales BDC, and recently added a Service BDC. The sales BDC did a lot, and has grown our sales. The service BDC, has had a lot of growing pains. Scheduling in appointments on recalls has been a great struggle, especially since GM can't seem to keep up with demand.
Richard

Re: BDC's

Postby FixedManager » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:00 pm

I don't know how your BDC is structured but the biggest issue I've found is a lack of communication with the Parts and Service managers. It's easy to make appointments for customers but among everything else Fixed Operations BDC personnel must also know what the current recalls and service actions are. This requires at least a weekly meeting with all three department heads and daily updates from the Parts Department.

Apologies for the brevity of the answer but this is a deep subject. As you stated there will be many growing pains especially from the service lanes as they try to persuade the BDC operators to suit their personal preferences. If you wish to discuss in more detail reach out to me or others that have gone through this, while the initiation is painful long term it will enhance your Fixed Operations throughput.
FixedManager

Return to BDC Manager's Forum