Is this Beneath YOU????

Is this Beneath YOU????

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Why is there no response from you GM"s when you see posts from parts people? Is it not worth your time? Do you treat your parts manger this way? Or is it that you truly just dont understand what a typical day in a parts department is like. (except for sallen1)
I understand that 90% of GM's come from sales but these people affect your income.

If you dont understand a typical day in parts then you people better learn some respect for your help.

GM is giving your people the shaft (Mr Goodshaft) and you act like you dont care

Kind of reminds me of how GM treats their parts managers when they have an issue

[This message has been edited by OLDPARTSGUY (edited 09-10-2008).]

OLDPARTSGUY

Is this Beneath YOU????

Postby sallen1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:54 pm

There are guys that don't understand the parts business at all. Too bad, a good parts department is key to dealer success. They not only keep the service/body shop departments supplied but also serve and the supply depot for the whole enterprise. The parts department is unique in their ability to purchase, inventory, secure, sell and deliver thousands of items priced from $0.01 on up. Try that with your vehicle inventory system!

I agree the parts manager is getting the shaft from General Motors, but when did they actually care about the dealer employees? They don't respect the dealer much anymore!

I usually respond directly to issues in the Parts forum and I have noticed that topics in the GM/Dealer forum are sometimes a duplicate of what is posted in the others.

s

[This message has been edited by sallen1 (edited 09-15-2008).]

sallen1

Return to Dealers & General Managers