TICKLE FILE

TICKLE FILE

Postby TheOne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:55 am

bsilcox,

All of your posts sound antagonistic and angry! I suspect this may be why you don't get the respect that you seem to want and need.

The real heart of your original post as far as I can see is in the last five lines. You have asked for processes that work. Me and many others have been sharing exactly that all over this forum for a long time. Is there something specific that you are looking for???????
TheOne

TICKLE FILE

Postby bsilcox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 am

I asked for a process and you stated that you did not feel Tickle File Process worked but you had to take a shot!!

If you don't think Tickle File process works than I dont need your opinion!

------------------
Fixed Ops Professional

[This message has been edited by bsilcox (edited 02-05-2009).]

bsilcox

TICKLE FILE

Postby TheOne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 pm

As I stated I have been posting the very processes you have requested all over this board.

In reference to your question try MPI it is a good system that does what you are looking for in a manner that makes everryone accountable.

My question for you is why so angry in your posts? I am well known for having a bite to my posts, but angry????
TheOne

TICKLE FILE

Postby dcfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:19 pm

bsilcox,

I have been in the automotive business for over 15 Years, And I do agree with other replies to your comments. I have worked all over the Dealerships, and I have seen Fixed Ops associates goof off just as much as Salestaff. I would like for you to look at things another way. Where would Fixed Ops be without the sales Department, and vice versa.People like you would be in a Garage somewhere working on vehicles that you would not get paid from the Manufacturer for Warranty claims, and having people dictate what you fix and what to let go.
I have all my sales staff work the service drive, and touch every parts customer that comes to the dealership. A great Manager helps the Sales staff become better with teaching and mentoring. What are the Service Advisors if they are not Salesman, Go to the front part of the dealership and work with everyday cuatomers. I feel you would have more respect for what the do and go thru.
dcfan

TICKLE FILE

Postby calgm988 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 pm

bsilcox

"The truth hurts" What does that mean anyway? You continue to show your arrogance and your ingnorance. All of your posts end with (!) Is it necessary to yell to in order to attempt to prove your point?

By the way, you don't have one. You assume something you know little about you come accross as an a**. If the "sales process" is so poor where you are then mabye it's not the sales team but rather the management team, the owner,and the GM.

Why debate something with someone who knows little about the topic cares little about the topic and shows true disinclination of the issue? Perhaps it is your naivet that allows such distain for the issue?
The disfavor to your posting is in direct correlation to the ignominy that you post against your own profession. Your obloquy is a discredit to your fellow business people.

You warrant no further discussion.
calgm988

TICKLE FILE

Postby bsilcox » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:07 pm

calgm998
The One

Both of you lost the point to the post that I made and both of you went off on your own agendas.........The point was to get information about a tickle file. Either a sales or service tickle file.........which is what I was looking for calgm998 you took it personally that I was speaking about the Sales Team or GM's of the world I was meerly making a statement which I still believe is protected by the constitution of the country we live in. The One you already stated you don't believe that tickle files work that's OK with me. I happen to believe that they do and was looking for a better mouse trap. At least I don't hide behind a fake name. I know what I belive and I do know that the things I stated play out every day in the sales world in Service or Sales.

------------------
Fixed Ops Professional

bsilcox

TICKLE FILE

Postby TheOne » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 pm

You said it right calgm988. Anger derogation of whole segments of our industry make it awful hard to want to help someone.

I would also point out that Mr. or Ms. bsilcox has exactly no identifying information on his profile (as is his right under the terms of use on this forum). I personally have no issue with this, because I believe the information disseminated here should be evaluated in its merits as opposed to being accepted or rejected based on who happens to be making the statement.

That being said I will repeat my response to the request on this thread. I have used a variety of tickle file systems, and found them to be universally lacking due to excess management time required to insure proper application of the systems. I have used electronic versions including MPI that are fairly expensive, but when used properly exceptionally profitable. I suggest that bsilcox contact MPI and discuss their products.
TheOne

TICKLE FILE

Postby X476 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 pm

bsilcox,

I normally stay out of a ongoing argument but I have to sat if you wanted more info on a "tickle file" why didn't you just ask instead of your original post that went on and on about how bad the sales floor is. The One and calgm988 have put many valuable and useful ideas on the forum and on the parts and service posts. Those of us that have read their post know that the way they respond can be blunt and to the point but I for one can say that I have put some of their ideas to work and have seen great results. Many of us know who "The One" is and why the real name isn't used. You post are always welcome on this forum and yes you are entitled to your opinion. Personally I think all of us can get alot farther if we use this forum to help others not just bi*ch about how things are done. As my fixed ops leader once said. If you don't have a solution, you don't have a problem. You're just whining. I hope that you can share with us some of your expertise, you have obviously been in the business a while and I'm sure you have positive things you can share.
X476

TICKLE FILE

Postby bsilcox » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:39 am

I appreciate everyone that has stated an opinion in this post. It's great to see other people with a passion for the Business. Passion for the business will help make the changes it needs.......
Best of Luck to Everyone in 2009 Make it the Best Year yet......

Bsilcox2004@msn.com If anyone would like to contact me personally out of the Forum.

Thanks!

------------------
Fixed Ops Professional

bsilcox

TICKLE FILE

Postby bsilcox » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am

Again; I was not slamming the Sales Dept. they must Sell vehicles for us to be effective in the Fxied side of the Business. I was meerly making a statement about the differences between the two sales floors and looking for feedback on processes in the vehicle side that may work in the fixed side.....It's all ONE store and we all work for the same goal. That is to make the entire Dealership Profitable.
Again Best of Luck to everyone in 2009.

------------------
Fixed Ops Professional

bsilcox

Previous

Return to Dealers & General Managers