Jobs

Jobs

Postby dcfan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:29 am

Where are all the Employment Opportunities at? I have been in the business for 15 Years, and have like numerous others been affected by dealership downsizing. For about the last 3 weeks I have sent numerous Resumes, looked at numerous job sites, and I feel like pulling the rest of my hair out! I have been a Manager for the past 12 Years and I have never seen it where you could not even get in the door to talk to a Mangager or a Human Resources person. I have even looked out of my hime state Of Oklahoma, I have yet to get a reply from anyone. Any Suggestions out ther ?

------------------
dcfan

Jobs

Postby btk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:35 am

Cant help you find a job,try www.indeed.com all the job postings from all websites end up on this search engine kind of like google.

Good luck
btk

Jobs

Postby texaslp » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:12 am

Automotive News yesterday reported that 50,000 dealership jobs have been lost so it's going to be tough. That doesn't mean there aren't going to be ANY openings, but they will be few and far between with a lot of competition for them.

Make sure your cover letter and resume are impeccable and have something that makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd. In this economy, finding a job is a job in itself. Best of luck to you!
texaslp

Jobs

Postby calgm988 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm

dcfan

No doubt finding a job has been more difficult than in years past. Dealers are cutting expenses to the core just to stay operational. The jobs do exist but dealers have more options as well.

I'm sorry for you and for others sharing the same frustration as you are. There are a lot of over-qualified people looking right now but for fewer jobs. For what its worth: my advice is to pay to have your resume professionally done. Visit sights like autodealerjobs.com and monster.com to post your resume. Someone in someplace who might not be looking will find it.

Good luck. I hope you find success soon and I wish the best for you in the future.
calgm988

Jobs

Postby sallen1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:30 am

Odd thing here in So Cal... lots of dealer layoffs and store closings. We have held steady with a few people leaving for college, moving, etc. Eliminated two part time receptionists.. that's it.

So, where are all the applicants? I was expecting to see at least a few applications for various higher-level jobs, techs, SA, sales managers, etc. But nothing!

Maybe they have moved away or changed industry?

s
sallen1

Jobs

Postby TheOne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:18 pm

sallen1,

I have resumes from all over the country. Give me a contact method, and I will be happy to share.
TheOne

Jobs

Postby dcfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks for your reply, You can contact me at stice03@cox.net. I have probably sent 2 dozen Resumes out from Oklahoma to Seattle.

Thanks again,
dcfan

Return to Dealers & General Managers