SURVEY RESPONSES

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby PARTS1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Does anyone have any ideas to increase the response rate for GM surveys? We only are getting a few back.
PARTS1

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby mbaker » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm

It is really hard to get surveys now that G.M. went to e-mail only. They don't even send out the paper ones anymore. I have 3 responses for the past 30 days.
mbaker

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby Lhansen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:56 am

Make sure the service advisor is reviewing the repairs when the customer picks up thier vehicle and mentions that they will be getting a survey and ask that they participate. If you make follow up calls, again mention that if they get a survey, you'd appreciate the customer completing it.
I'm in dealerships every day and rarely hear an advisor ask for participation. (Same holds true in sales) Just ask for their honest feedback, no loading the lips.
Hope it helps.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com

[This message has been edited by Lhansen (edited 06-02-2009).]

Lhansen

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby PARTSMGRMLR » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am

WHEN I WAS AT A CHEVY STORE IN BALTIMORE THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME. HAVE YOUR CASHIER TELL THE CUSTOMER AS THE RO IS BEING PAID "YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY FOR THIS REPAIR. PLEASE FILL IT OUT AND RETURN IT. IT SERVES AS A REPORT CARD TO US ON HOW WELL WE HANDLED YOUR VISIT TODAY. IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER COMPLETELY SATISFIED PLEASE CALL US SO THAT WE CAN FIX THINGS. OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE EVERY CUSTOMER COMPLETELY SATISFIED."
OUR RESPONSE RATE TRIPLED AND OUR CSI SCORES WENT FROM 2.5 TO 4.0 WITHIN THE MONTH WE STARTED.
PARTSMGRMLR

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby chrabo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I always thought what a crock csi surveys have turned into. I believe it was conceived to provide insight into positive changes at the dealership. What is has turned into is begging customers for returns and if we screwed up, please tell us before you send the survey in. No wonder 70% plus customers leave the dealership once the warranty is out.
chrabo

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby possum » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:06 pm

I received a paper service survey last week for warranty repairs on my 09 canyon.

As a matter of fact, I receive a survey on both of my vehicles EVERY time they are repaired under warranty. There is nothing random about who gets them.

------------------

Certified, RIeM Compliant, Thoroughly Enhanced GM Parts Manager

possum

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby scotstrong » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Recently purchased a new Mazda from my dealer. Last week I rec'd in the mail at home a JD Powers survey from Mazda. This thing was an 8-page booklet that asked virtually the same questions worded in multiple ways. It would have taken an hour and a half to fill the damn thing out. I sent it back in the envelope provided with a note attached to the front as to how ridiculous their survey was; and if they want bona fide results it needed to be SHORT AND TO THE POINT.

I, for one, am sick of surveys; and especially the ones that have such an utter disrespect for the value of my time.
scotstrong

SURVEY RESPONSES

Postby texaslp » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm with you Scot. It better be short and if "my opinion counts" why don't I see any improvement or correction of issues that I have complained about numerous times?

I take the Logan's survey because it pays me $3.00 and I eat there often, but I don't see any indication that they listen."Logan's listens"

texaslp

Return to Dealers & General Managers