Sales Consultants Required Training

Postby Lhansen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 am

Hi All:
What do you think of the current requirements that your manufacturer assigns for Sales Consultants Certification? Are the required courses effective? Do they help the consultant and do they help you? If you had input, what would your suggestions be regarding what the course content is? Do you require the consultant to take their own courses and how do you keep them focused on completing the training?
Many thanks...this could be a good topic for discussion.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com

Lhansen

Postby scotstrong » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Linda, while you are at it, the question needs to be asked why fixed ops training from the manufacturer is basically sales training in "disquise". In parts, we are not "certified" unless we complete this "training". Horrible misuse of the term "certified". Hard to be proud of certification when it actually has little or nothing to do with the jobs we really do.
scotstrong

Postby Lhansen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Good point, Scott. I present a lot of live OEM training that is available to service and parts employees, counts as an elective, but is mainly sales focused. Having a fixed ops background, I always put my own spin on the course material to make it more relevant for the S&P folks. I totally agree that a lot of the S&P courses need to be tweaked to be relevant to the day to day "stuff" that we deal with. Thanks for the reply.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com

Lhansen

Return to Dealers & General Managers