Internal Guarantees

Internal Guarantees

Postby Gary J. Naples » Wed Feb 28, 2001 9:01 am

I'm hoping some folks out there can assist me.

Do any of your dealerships use internal guarantees as a means for getting employees to commit to providing breakthrough service for one another? If so I would be interested in speaking with you.

If your unsure what internal guarantees are, simply put, they are promises or commitments by one department or division of an organization to another to deliver its products or services in a specified way and to the complete satisfaction of the internal customer or incur a meaningful penalty, monetary or otherwise.

You can E-mail me at gss83@aol.com or by phone at (570) 824-1528.

Thanks,

Gary J. Naples
GNA
Gary J. Naples

Internal Guarantees

Postby Kevin B » Wed Mar 07, 2001 6:55 pm

I am a Parts MGR at a GM dealership
and my service mgr kinda runs the show.i supply my service dept with their parts overnite when needed and i eat the extra cost whether it is cust pay or warranty. he started this when the 50/50 split started to compensate for his supposed loss of pay.very aggravating situation for me. hope this helps
Kevin B

Internal Guarantees

Postby mark vandersteeg » Mon Mar 12, 2001 5:49 pm

shared pay plan that focuses on common goals is the solution to your problem. money is more than 50% of the motivation towards any goal at the dealership. the rest is your example as a leader and ability to implement systems that work together toward those goals.
mark vandersteeg

Return to Dealers & General Managers