Warranty Retail Parts Reimbursement

Postby ToyotaFixedOpsGuy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Looking to see if any of you in Florida know if GM has backed down from its "intimidation" tactics when dealers apply for the Parts Retail Reimbursement for warranty parts? I have 5 franchises to apply for and it seems all are making it almost impossible (except Toyota).
ToyotaFixedOpsGuy

Postby pauline » Sat May 17, 2008 8:47 am

I'm a W/A and if you are referring to counter parts that fail and are covered under parts warranty (12/12), I have never had any trouble. I refer to the counter inv number in the comment section along with the date it was purchased and no labor if the part is not installed at the dealership. Tell me where the problem is maybe I can help.
pauline

Postby sermgreby » Mon May 19, 2008 8:20 am

As of right now GM's stance has not changed. The revised bill for retail reimbursement is on the governors desk to be signed. The auto manufacturer's are running a radio campign to try and get people to call in and urge the governor to not sign the bill. The campaign states that the state legislature has passed a law that will cost consumers more for auto repairs. Obviously this is false as we are talking warranty repairs.

That being said once the bill is signed into law there will have to be a few couragious dealers that ask for retail reimbursement. We tried last year but in the end it became so difficult that we backed down.

If any one is going to apply I would be glad to offer my experiance or possibly advice.

If anyone applies I would be interested in hearing the responce you get from GM.
sermgreby

Postby sermgreby » Thu May 29, 2008 2:44 pm

FYI.

Governor Crist signed this bill into law yesterday. The law is effective immediatly.

I took a bullet last year, hopefully someone will step up this year and test the manufacturer's and let us know their responce.
sermgreby

Postby ToyotaFixedOpsGuy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Does anyone know the Title or Bill # of this Bill that just passed? I am trying to find the bylaws and can't. Thanks
ToyotaFixedOpsGuy

Postby DaveinFL » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Bill passed 5.28.08! A lot better than the original. The senate bill # is 2582.
Hoorah! More in on FADA site Flada.com

Dave
DaveinFL

Postby petepuma01 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Its actually Flada.org, not 'com'
petepuma01

Postby sermgreby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:20 pm

I have a copy of the bill that was signed into law and FADA's summation of the bill.

If any one would like it I would be glad to fax it to them.
sermgreby

Postby scotstrong » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Serge:

If you would be so kind as to fax me a copy at 440-439-9414.

Thanks!
scotstrong

Postby sermgreby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Scot

I just faxed it. If it did not come through let me know.

I only faxed the section pertaining to parts and labor. If you want the rest of the bill let me know.

[This message has been edited by sermgreby (edited 06-02-2008).]

[This message has been edited by sermgreby (edited 06-02-2008).]

sermgreby

Next

Return to Dealers & General Managers