R.I.M.

R.I.M.

Postby JPARTS » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:29 pm

NOW HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT R.I.M. IN YOUR STORE?
JPARTS

R.I.M.

Postby 69mach1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 pm

When a person enters your store wearing a mask or hood over there head they are considered a crook,

when mr. gm walks in telling you about RIM there is no difference
69mach1

R.I.M.

Postby sallen1 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:01 pm

I think I have written on this topic in the manager forums, however, I will tell you what RIM does for us. It's gone from bad to acceptable.

Initially, RIM started ordering stuff for us we knew we would never sell. "Give it a chance" our rep said, but then again, it's not her money. Anyway, what was a department with 5% old-age grew to 18%. The total inventory investment increased along the way...

Then, GM suggested we use e-bay or some other auction or website to sell the junk. We didn't want the stuff in the beginning! But what do they know?

So we got smart and now manipulate RIM such that our obsolescence (parts no sale over 9mo) is back to 5% and our inventory levels are back to pre-rim levels. It's a lot of hand work by my parts manager but it keeps us out of trouble.

I wonder what a parts department would look like with no management intervention... Anybody run a manager-free department?

s
sallen1

Return to Dealers & General Managers