Fixed Operations a new year, a new role

Postby Udrive » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

folks I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to read these kind of posts. I've been for the past two years working diligently to devise the most effective service solution in the market. You see i worked as a service advisor for two years and quickly figured out that service departments do not nearly operate at any optimal level. There are hundreds of thousands of worth of declined repairs and deferred maintenances that go unnoticed. Many required maintenances that do not even get offered to customer in the first place. Many customers falling off the active customer lists without the dealer having any clue about it. I also quickly realized that no matter how much you baby sit the advisors and go after them with a hammer their level of production is directly tied to how efficient the tools that the dealership is providing them. Folks let me tell you something, as long as dealerships are using 20th century tools to service 21 century customers it is not going to work, period. That's why I launched a crusade two years ago with hardly any cash determined to make the dealer based service centers make the transition to the 21st century. During my research i found out that, which some of the members have already hinted at that existing customers are the most important asset for any dealership and when I mean existing i also would add urgency to that and say that every customer that is present at that moment at your dealership is the most important asset and service centers have to make sure that they get the maximum dividends from those assets. I call it the Service Optimization Strategy. This strategy essentially assigns a potential dollar value to each customer as they go through the service drive and then track advisor and technician up sell stats to determine the Service Optimization Rate. If any one is interested in hearing more please feel free to contact me anytime. The more feedback I get the better i can make my web-based service solution for all to utilize. Our service solution is in development mode currently. More to come.......
Udrive

Postby scotstrong » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

I notice that you just signed up today. If you read the rules of participation for these forums, you should have seen that pitching your good or services on the forum is not allowed. Be careful not to cross that line and your participation and input will be welcome.
scotstrong

Postby Udrive » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Fair enough. The project won't be ready for another year , so currently there is absolutely nothing to sell. A good feedback through this forum will be highly valuable.

Thanks
Udrive

Previous

Return to Dealers & General Managers