Drivers License (card swiping)

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Jul 06, 2001 9:17 am

Isn't someone supposed to monitor/edit out responses that are from companies just pitching their own products (especially trying to be anonymous?)
Hawkeye

Postby fossy » Fri Jul 06, 2001 10:45 am

I'm just a dealer, so I have no ties to any CRM companies. I've been looking into Autobase and autoconnection. Has anyone been using these CRM solutions. I understand that they interface w/ ADP.

I'd like to know if anyone has had great success with either of these or have any other recommendation. I feel that the ADP "showrrom control" is outdated.
fossy

Postby fburrows » Sat Jul 07, 2001 6:32 pm

I realize that this varies state to state but in general what information can you gain from the magnetic swipe besides the license number?

------------------
Frank Burrows
Automotive Business Solutions
frank@autobusiness.org
fburrows

Postby David Cates » Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:43 am

Car Guy 100-

I am glad you find it interesting, but for the record I am not recommending anyone, nor do I work for the company I mentioned earlier. I merely mentioned them because I know they have a good product and because someone asked about the product in a non-PC based system. I made sure I did not mention their name because I did not want to plug someone's product in here.

I am 100% against people promoting their products, and even more against people suggesting that I am. No one in here has ever heard me mention my company and what we do and never will.

Hope you find that interesting as well.....

David Cates

Postby davidmc » Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:23 pm

David, what did you and BDC Manager do to get Car Guy so P/OFF guess he must have had a bad month last month?

Tom, I am curious as to why you are inquiring about this software. Do you have so much traffic that the salespeople are overloaded with inputting information on your ADP or RR system? Or do you have a sales force that just fails to input customer information and management finds excuses as to why they cannot track ups correctly?

------------------
davidmc

Postby sallen1 » Tue Jul 17, 2001 7:59 am

davidmc is on to something...

Why do you want another machine between your people and your customer? What is true Customer Relations Management, anyway? Where's the 'relationship'?

Could it be true that dealership sales staff, including managers, have lowering abilities to warrant the use of DL scanning? Isn't there a cost per scan? What about incorrect information on the DL?

IMO, I'd want the driver's licence photocopied and kept with the prospect file. Oh, you don't copy the DL? Our insurance company requires it prior to a test drive (copy insurance card too).
sallen1

Postby Tom H » Thu Jul 19, 2001 9:03 am

I really appreciate all of the fine input. My reason for DL swiping is simply a faster way to input a name into the showroom control system. However, several good questions have been raised like: legal/privacy issues, needing a photo copy anyway, and is the the data correct on the DL. I need to re-think the whole process.
Thanks again.

Tom
Tom H

Previous

Return to Dealers & General Managers