VW Deals

VW Deals

Postby Done Deal » Fri May 26, 2006 3:05 pm

I have the opportunity to purchase two VW stores in my backyard. What is the brand perception? I know it has been doing well lately, but I am more concerned about longevity. How feasible is this? I know that imports are the way to go, just curious to hear some feedback.
Done Deal

VW Deals

Postby gmoon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:29 pm

What brand are you with now? The Germans do things quite a bit differently than domestics.
gmoon

VW Deals

Postby jazdale » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:01 pm

From a consumer point of view,

Most consumers don't give VW a first look.
But...VW owners appear to be loyal after they make their first purchase - almost Toyota/Honda-ish. Also seem to be more inclined to maintain their vehicle.

The diesel compact has been a huge success.
jazdale

VW Deals

Postby sz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Wow!

It took 495 days for DoneDeal to get a reply.
sz

VW Deals

Postby possum » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 am

From a fixed op standpoint: RUN AWAY! VW is the WORST manufacture I have ever had dealings with.
possum

VW Deals

Postby Fixedopsmgr » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:00 pm

Possum

You hit the nail on the head for sure. It is like no other--but getting a little better.
Fixedopsmgr

VW Deals

Postby kcatdeejay » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 am

Did they get rid of some of the prima donnas in the field???
kcatdeejay

VW Deals

Postby antmart06 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:54 pm

What have been some of the problems any you have had with VW? Somebody mentioned the field, are there any other issues?
antmart06

VW Deals

Postby Fixedopsmgr » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Ant

The cars have gotten so much better in the last few years but the quality of the support staff has not. There have been some changes and some things have gotten better, but there is still a long way to go. New car sales are in the toilet and yet we still destroy some of our relationships with our customers due to problems obtaining goodwill for continued problems with the cars. You would think that from a service point of view we would do all we could to keep everyone in the fold so to speak. In terms of factory support this mfg is the worst I have ever done business with.
Fixedopsmgr

VW Deals

Postby kcatdeejay » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:39 pm

I was referring to some area managers. I thought the vehicles were decent while with them. The 10k oil change interval seemed really moronic-let's look to cause ourselves more problems.
kcatdeejay

Next

Return to Dealers & General Managers