DMS providers

DMS providers

Postby jperkins » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:48 pm

This message is for Independent Pre-owned dealerships only! Check out XXXXXXX for a DMS System--you will not waste your
time w/ any thing else.
www..com or

[This message has been edited by mbowers (edited 11-01-2007).]

jperkins

DMS providers

Postby bass » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:39 am

Quorum is an up and coming player. A few quirks, but well worth the price. We have been on the system for 1 1/2 years and has alot of benefits over the big boys.
bass

DMS providers

Postby TBDet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:53 pm

I'm not sure how the "keystroke count" compares to some of the others mentioned as we have been on the same system (Autosoft) for 13 years and have not compared some of the newer players. As Matt Parsons said a DMS is a tool and I tend to look at tools for function and cost effectiveness. I would rather pay a fraction of what the big companies charge and have all the basic functionality than to pay some outrageous amount for a slick looking screens or some bells and whistles that my employees are either going to require alot of training to get any use out of or are not going to use at all.
TBDet

DMS providers

Postby Tlaloc » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:05 pm

It is my personal opinion that a system that only offers the basic tools, gives no room for growth. Also, I like to see training as an investment and not as an expense or a hassle. By learning the correct way of using any system, you can take advantage of features that may increase your employee's efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Tlaloc

DMS providers

Postby texaslp » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Within a couple of months after taking over my current job and teaching ee's how to utilize more of the system, I was able to elminiate one full-time and office employee and reduce one to part-time.

Training (some) ee's to use the system has to be mandated, reinforced and revisited from time to time.

texaslp

DMS providers

Postby u2btech » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:47 pm

Is anyone using R&R? We were on R&R for 10 years (2 contracts) and now we're with ADP, 2nd contract, as far as ease of use I liked R&R much better for ease of use. I just don't know if they're still the same especially since they merged with UCS.
After 10 years with ADP I'm ready to go back to R&R but I'd have to see what they're like with UCS. I've never heard anything good about UCS and I'm not hearing anything good about the merger.
Is anyone with R&R and can you shed some light our ADP contract is due next year.
u2btech

DMS providers

Postby agamemnon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 am

Having used Reynolds products for over 20 years, remember VIM NET, all I can say is get your checkbook out and keep it out. Yes they probably have the most bells and whistles, but as already pointed out, most employees do not use them. Furthermore it is well known that Brockman would rather litigate than negotiate. His "MO" is to extend dealers into long contracts. The next thing you know you are hooked for twenty years with no way out. With new DMS products coming to market in the next few years, I would only say, don't sign a log term contract.
agamemnon

DMS providers

Postby cantfind12 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I apologize for no qualifying my question with more definition so I will repose it. Considering a DMS is a vehicle which is subject to the needs of the user is a given. However, navigation of use is akin to taking the dimmer switch off the floor or moving the radio controls into the drivers line of sight. My question really revolved around who's programing technique is correlative to the cost of doing business. I recently spoke with an experienced consultant who clearly stated that brand X was noticeably superior when it came to everyday user navigation which translated into the capability to produce higher volumns of documentation with greater ease. I agree training is imperative but you can't train someone to navigate through necessary screen or field or requirements with greater speed if it is cumbersome or the programming is inconsistent. I equate it to the Microsoft vs Mac commercials. Everyone I have had contact with agrees Microsoft is more adaptable to a degree but the "Apple stuff" just works. So to revisit I need to ask users who have experience with different platforms and can objectively opine without feeling any loyalty or anomosity.
cantfind12

DMS providers

Postby Fixedopsmgr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:36 pm

My vote goes to UCS. Have had ADP for 9 years and the programs are very old with no changes in sight. The Websuite upgrade just moves you from job to job but the programs themselves are still the same. Have not used R&R for a number of years but have heard it is very good also.
Fixedopsmgr

DMS providers

Postby WILD_BILL » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm

I noticed no one has mentioned PBS. It is a true windows based system (.net) is an automotive retail parner with Microsoft. It is also a manging GOLD partner with Microsoft. It is the only MASTER certified Chrysler DMS provider for North America and works with just about all manufacturers.

------------------
WILD_BILL

PreviousNext

Return to Dealers & General Managers