DMS providers

DMS providers

Postby cantfind12 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 pm

ADP, R&R, Arkona, ADAM, ACS, MPK....anybody have an overall opinion of which is the best from a user standpoint. I'm not talking about reports etc. I talking getting the job done with the least amount of keystrokes.
cantfind12

DMS providers

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:31 am

This is similar to asking Chevy, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru...which is the best car or truck?

The question you need to ask yourself is what are you trying to accomplish? Base functionality to replace manual processes with automated one's at the lowest cost, a system that will support revenue and sales growth, deep integration amongst departments and with third-party providers including your OEM?

Each system has strengths and weaknesses. Each company backing each system has strengths and weaknesses. To make a decision on which system is best based off of the number of keystrokes is fine I guess if you are most concerned about how many times your fingers touch the keyboard...but I hesitate to say may be very limiting with regards to what it is you are trying to get done and what the system (tool) can do.

One last analogy, my vintage Corvette has very limited 'keystrokes' in comparison to a new model Corvette. The old one has a key, a AM/FM manually tuned radio, lights and wipers, hand crank windows, and no air. A current corvette has hundereds of functions that you can select through advanced interfaces and 'keystroke' selections. Which car is best. Depends on what I want to do...as each car has definite advantages and disadvantages.
Matt Parsons

DMS providers

Postby texaslp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 am

I agree with everything Matt said.

But if you want an opinion, we are currently considering Arkona and so far the main comment from all of my people who have viewed their demo has been that it seems to be very easy, with links to most of what you want on the screen you're working on.

We are currently on ADP 9400, we're looking at WebSuite and it looks like it will also be much easier to use with links or tabs on the screen with you.
texaslp

DMS providers

Postby bosslady » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Matt is so right on this subject...I have been a long time user of ADP(also worked for ADP for 7 years)and have used Arkona and got to know that system very well. Arkona is great for what it is and definitely has a niche market...ADP can be upsized or downsized to meet the needs of any dealer and the biggie is support...I have yet to experience support better than ADP. With the advent of the WebSuite products...it is very user friendly.

You get from any system what you expect...and that is directly related to the users/managers and their desire to learn and become proficient...not sure what system you are currently on, but I would strongly recommend that you look into the capabilities of your current system before you leap to a new one...you may be surprised at what can be done without upsetting the entire dealership with a major DMS change.
bosslady

DMS providers

Postby texaslp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:38 pm

bosslady, would you please expand on what you mean by Arkona is "great for what it is".

We're considering them now and any input would be appreciated.
texaslp

DMS providers

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:15 pm

I echo the point that most systems have far more capability than most dealers are using. Before switching, you owe it to yourself to determine what is it that is making you want to switch? Is it possible you could receive the results you want by investing in training or changing business processes and approaches before you change systems?

I can't stress enough...a DMS is a tool. To get the most out of it, you need to be trained and refreshed periodically, especially if you have a turn over issue in your store or in a department.
Matt Parsons

DMS providers

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 am

I oppose changing systems. Period, unless you are so unhappy, or being so overcharged that you can't stand it, don't change for the sake of change. All the time and effort spent training on your current system is going to make a gurgle as you flush it, plus all the time and effort you're going to spend to make the new system work.

Your bottom line was the least amount of keystrokes? Believe me when I say, you should stick with whatever system you are currently on......which is?

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 10-29-2007).]

Richard

DMS providers

Postby bosslady » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:31 pm

texaslp...if you will provide your email address, I will be happy to share what info I have. I created a document that states what I experienced...not sure if all info still applies, you know how software changes overnight. What I have may prompt some questions for you to ask and also help you re-evaluate your current system capabilites and revisit the reasons why are you looking to undertake a major DMS change ...ADP has so many great training options available at no charge to the Dealer.
bosslady

DMS providers

Postby texaslp » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Thanks boss lady. My email addy is linda7660 at wcc dot net.

I personally like ADP just fine, except a few areas that really need to be updated and Arkona is potentially much less $$. We felt they were worth the look.
texaslp

DMS providers

Postby partsman103 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:32 pm

I have worked with bothe ADP and ACS.
In my highest opinion, ADP (as a whole for the entire dealership) is far better (and costly) than ACS.
Both have advantages over one another however looking at the total picture, ADP is the better of the 2.
Again this is just 1 mans opinion.
partsman103

Next

Return to Dealers & General Managers