WHAT DO YOU THINK OF RIM AT YOUR STORE

Postby BestPartsManager » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm

The scary part - $teve appears to be an NADA consultant!!! Perhaps he should get up to speed on the industry that pays his salary.

"Check to see if Superceded part numbers are "RIM Protected" - just met with my Chevy 20 Group and they think NOT!!! System glitch.
You need to talk to your Gm rep about this!
------------------

------------------
$teve"

BestPartsManager

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Any of you know what RIM is or what is doing to your store?

OLDPARTSGUY

Postby sallen1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:26 pm

RIM has added to the workload by my staff.

Left alone, the system would order crap I don't need. So... everyday someone has to manually check the orders and manipulate the system so RIM doesn't order stuff that would never sell. However, we are successful in making the system work, it just takes extra effort.

Our obsolescence had been running about 15% and is now down below 9%. Historically, we run about 5% or less. GM's idea is for us to sell those obsolete parts on e-bay. Nice.

Obvioulsy, GM wants to push parts inventory (and carry costs) to the dealers, just like they do with vehicles. It's a perfect world where you can order a part and get same-day delivery (service the WD's provide). What if we had that with vehicles as well.... oh, then I would never have to take those sale-proof models to get one of the hot ones.

sallen1
sallen1

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:36 pm

sallen1:

Its nice to see someone that pays attention to their store other than how much money was made. Did you happen to express these feelings to the fine people at GM?

Until they hear it from the dealer the "enhancements shall continue.

OLDPARTSGUY

Postby sallen1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:12 am

At this point, we have learned how to work the system to our advantage but it took a year or so.

Problem is that GM never stops these initiatives. They have invested lots of money well before any of us know what is happening. And to say the "Fixed Ops Advisory Board" has some say is a joke, more like a rubber-stamp.

GM's issues are much more serious than a bunch of dealers complaining about the parts order and distribution system so don't expect any changes. I'm grateful we still get parts to fix/service cars in my shop. Think how bad things could really get? It's been a long time since we had to machine our own stuff.
sallen1

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 pm

So comes now for those of you who did not react when your parts managers were getting it stuck to them by the RIM program

It appears the "New GM" will dictate stocking levels for your vehicles that the dealer has to accept. You shall now experience what your parts managers have been experiencing with the RIM program.

Welcome to the party!!!
OLDPARTSGUY

Postby TheOne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 am

OPG,

Sounds like an echo in here. If you go back and read some of my earlier posts I put the same idea forward more than a year ago...
TheOne

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:50 pm

ONE

The echo you refer to may be from my post back in April 2008 before you were a member on these boards.

My point was that the DP's and GM"s paid little to no attention to their parts managers about what was taking place within "their" stores
OLDPARTSGUY

Postby tsteidl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Nice shot!
tsteidl

Postby TheOne » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 am

OPG,

But I was a member! and long before that merely under a different name. At any rate the point I was making was not meant to be self serving, merely to point out yet again that no one seems to be listening outside the forum..
TheOne

Previous

Return to Dealers & General Managers