WHAT DO YOU THINK OF RIM AT YOUR STORE

Postby jwf695555 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 am

PLEASE GO TO THE PARTS MGR FORUM AND READ THE SUBJECT "ANOTHER RIMless MORNING" YOU'LL FIND THIS QUITE INTERESTING. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
jwf695555

Postby ZOOM1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Also check out any and all other threads relating to RIM-you may be surprised...at what the program is doing to your ROI......
ZOOM1

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:27 am

Have any of you GM's checked your ROI on all your added RIM reccomended parts.

What has it done for your RO fill rate?

Is it worth the investment?

OLDPARTSGUY

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 am

My DP told me to run my parts department the way that I knew I should, that I worked for HIM, not GM.... jumping through 5 hoops for $200~300 month, and having to add $30K in inventory just didn't make sense to me, or him.
Richard

Postby Colin W » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:42 pm

So, it seems that there are zero dealers out there that share our concerns for the security of their investment and ROI. That being the case, why are we beating our collective heads against the wall?
Colin W

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Just wait until there becomes a RIM type program for new car inventory.

That should make their pooper pucker.

Will defintely be a reality check.

Its "your store" make a decision.

Welcome to the party GM's.

[This message has been edited by OLDPARTSGUY (edited 04-25-2008).]

OLDPARTSGUY

Postby lostgopher » Fri May 09, 2008 4:21 pm

They are all busy trying to sell that last SSR that the General blessed them with.
lostgopher

Postby $teve » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Check to see if Superceded part numbers are "RIM Protected" - just met with my Chevy 20 Group and they think NOT!!! System glitch.
You need to talk to your Gm rep about this!

------------------

------------------
$teve

$teve

Postby scotstrong » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Steve:

With all due respect, your 20-group of dealers is WAY LATE to the ballgame making this observation. This is merely one of quite a few very troubling issues with the whole program. GM has been made aware of these situations NUMEROUS times and fails to do ANYTHING in the dealers' interests. This is totally a one-way street program. Talking to the reps is a total waste of time as all the reps know how to do is espouse the corporate gobbledegook about the program.

It is far past the time that these dealer principals grow a pair and just SAY NO to these b.s. programs GM tries to shove down their throats. They seem to listen to the reps over the far more educated and experienced opinions of their own parts managers and keep signing up for this crap. Kinda makes it hard for them to have much credibility when they start complaining about some of the very consequences their own parts managers warned them about would happen if they signed up.

The best analogy that I have heard that DP's might relate to is this: would they tolerate such a program with their new vehicle inventory and ordering? Not bloody likely. It is really no different on the parts end of the business. The dealers really are their own worst enemies by continually signing up for this crap even after being warned of the potential problems.
scotstrong

Postby OLDPARTSGUY » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm

What he said, and well spoken.

OLDPARTSGUY

Next

Return to Dealers & General Managers