Able to quit R&R?

Able to quit R&R?

Postby cain12 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Anyone been able to re-negotiate with R&R, even if it involves threatening shutting down your store? One of our very largest expenses is with Reynolds and Reynolds. We have been able to cut out a few programs on it to save a little bit, but with a contract that still goes until mid-2010, I was wondering if anyone here has had any luck really getting a renegotiated price worth mentioning?

Any help..... thanks
cain12

Able to quit R&R?

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Cain,
I personally would contact The Paul Gillrie Institute. There number is 800-576-6959. We used them in our purchase negotiations with ADP, but they know the ins and outs of all the systems. If anybody can get you a straight answer they can.
Thanks,
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Able to quit R&R?

Postby cain12 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:51 pm

thanks Gerry.... I will try that. Anyone else?
cain12

Able to quit R&R?

Postby texaslp » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 pm

PGI is great for renewing. Not sure if they can help negotiate new terms,mid-term but the initial phone call is free. They may be able to help you go over your bill and see if there's anything else you can cancel that you may not be utilizing. Other than that you're probably stuck with your current terms until renewal.
texaslp

Able to quit R&R?

Postby cantfind12 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 pm

In my experience watching the utilization of DMS' the diversity of need, application and user ability is enormous. Anyone who can guage that criteria in a real world fashion is invaluable. There is a plethera of programs out there that sell like Velcro and stick like Post-Its. However, I constantly see applications that have incredible potential yet go unused due to lack of training, improper internal protocols or flat out resistance.

My first step would be to asses exactly what you have and to what extent it is being used in a very quantifiable manner. For example, do you have Electronic Special Orders in your parts dept. that are not being used. Are they tied in with a system of notification etc. The same applies to Service dynamics and of course Vehicle Management and Sales applications.

There are so many nuances that are overlooked. I can't speak to negotiating with your provider but, in my opinion, there are many bells and whistles that don't provide much return in a practical sense and can save money if they can be stripped off.
cantfind12

Return to Dealers & General Managers