Dealership Websites

Dealership Websites

Postby Lhansen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:34 am

I wondered how often you, as Dealers and General Managers, take the time to look at your website. I work with dealerships all over the country and I am always amazed how generic a lot of the websites are. Some dealers utilize only the factory provided websites, which I know are not as capable of personaization, but other dealerships have invested quite a lot to have a unique website for their business. Most have an area for staff, photos, names and/or information, but rarely are they used. The new and used inventory is usually up to date, but the service pages are often "under construction", "being updated" or state "check back". Your website is an extension of your dealership and is often the first impression a customer gets of your business. It could be the deciding factor of the customer taking the next step to contact you over the competition.
Very curious as to how often things are reviewed by upper management.
Thanks...all info greatly appreciated.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus www.autodealerfocus.com

[This message has been edited by Lhansen (edited 02-12-2007).]

Lhansen

Dealership Websites

Postby jazdale » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:07 am

Great post, Linda!!

I use the dealer's website for phone numbers, maps, and curiousity.

You're right. I've seen:
Old area codes, no address, wrong franchises - and many that are 1st generation webpages with no interactivity.

I've also noticed quite a few that are nowhere to be found from search engines like google.

Good wake up post.
jazdale

Dealership Websites

Postby kidcat » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:16 am

your absoltly right!

Bernd

------------------
Bernd Peter
Auto Dealer - www.mycar.net
kidcat

Dealership Websites

Postby Strap22 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:30 pm

I run 6 web sites for our Parts department and I can tell you the dealer web sites do not attract buyer for parts. In the internet world most Dealerships are considered "Stealership". That is the main reason we went out on our own. We picked a niche market and focused on selling to these buyers. They have forums and you can do alot of business there if you treat people right. When we first started we made our web site very "Non- Dealer apparrent but as our reputation grew we were able to use our Dealership name in our ads. I have looked at hundreds of Dealers web sites including Dealers I know and was amazed at how much out dated information was on them. These dealers are leaving money on the table by not working the internet. I will say you better be prepared to live with small gross margins and a lot of work but in the end it will pay off. It took us three years to get to the 6 figure sales numbers per month that equals over 1.2 million in parts sales per year that you wouldn't have otherwise. As for stocking parts, that is what makes Internet sales so great, you get paid before you even place the order. I hope the rest of the dealers keep their head in the sand too. I enjoy being the top Parts site on the net. But really competition is good for the business and most Dealers are not willing to make the investment it takes to be successful in internet sales. Talk to your Parts Manager and see what his thoughts are. I would bet he would say it is too much work for the return. Remind him or her about all the benfits the store could receive for an additonal million dollars a year in parts sales. Special allocations, favors from the factory.....the list goes on. Just thought I would share our story and spark some interest.
Strap22

Dealership Websites

Postby Lhansen » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:01 am

Great insight! Thanks for adding to the post.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com
Lhansen

Return to Dealers & General Managers