CRM recomendations

CRM recomendations

Postby spwilkins » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Looking for a pc based CRM product. I know the commitment and the process are the first step, but we need a good, simple product to work our process around
spwilkins

CRM recomendations

Postby Matt Parsons » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:19 pm

What DMS do you use?
Matt Parsons

CRM recomendations

Postby spwilkins » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:44 am

We are currently using ADP Alliance; but, we are not nesc looking for an integrated system.
spwilkins

CRM recomendations

Postby Matt Parsons » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:35 pm

spwilkins, have you looked at the CRM package that does integrate with web1? It is well-featured and reasonably priced? I would be happy to arrange a demo for you at your convenience.
Matt Parsons

CRM recomendations

Postby texaslp » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm a big fan of integration whenever possible. I would definitly recommend looking at the integrated solution before purchasing something else.
texaslp

CRM recomendations

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 pm

spwilkens,
Are you GM? If so, there are some changes coming concerning Cobalt and the cobalt lead manager, you might look into that.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

CRM recomendations

Postby jazdale » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 pm

I have to agree with Texas on the integration piece.

Non-integrated is ok at first, then after a few years you'll have two completely different name/address databases.

jazdale

CRM recomendations

Postby spwilkins » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm

We are a very small Pontiac, Buick, and Subaru dealer; with goals of 50 new and used a month. Maybe I am thinking too small, but the cost of an integrated system seems too high for the return. I am mainly looking for a system to help the inexperienced sales person track there own customers, the over worked Sales/F&I manager help track customers. And since I am the GM/Fixed Ops guy, a system that I can use to track them! I guess I am looking for a system that will introduce a process that everyone can follow that will allow managers to manage.
spwilkins

CRM recomendations

Postby texaslp » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:18 am

You may be right that the integrated systems are too expensive for your needs.

If you go stand alone a word of advice.
Put every bit of information into the system, even if you don't need that information for your purposes now. If you ever do upgrade to an integrated system, you will want to have all of the customer and vehicle information to transfer, or you may simply expand your use of the system in the future as you get familiar with it and think of other ways to use the information.

I'm not familiar with any stand alones to give you feedback on, we previously used a simple database similar to MS Works.

texaslp

CRM recomendations

Postby Karen Ann » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 pm

There is Sugar CRM which there are free or subscription versions available-obviously no support with the free. (You'll need someone able to set it up on a computer in your dealership).
It is a very malleable program, you can make it do pretty much anything, once you learn how.

It can also be networked with a local in the dealership computer, or with a web server (both allow many computers to work off the same data).
Karen Ann

Next

Return to Dealers & General Managers