GM National Dealer Council

Postby bajaman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:02 am

It is official. The GM National Dealer Council is officailly a rubber stamp for whatever GM decides to do.

In a letter signed by Duane Paddock, President of the council, the National Dealer Council supports GM,s plan to close dealerships.

I thought these guys worked for the dealer, I guess not.
bajaman

Postby ZOOM1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Is this the same Duane Paddock who operates a large volume Chevrolet dealership ?I am sure he would not shed a tear if some local competition were among those dealerships being closed........
ZOOM1

Postby sallen1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:20 pm

This outcome was predicted by our state association back in May... There will be winners and losers. Depending on the side you end up on determines your outlook.

Obviously, the dealer council would be on the winner side. What stance should they take? They have to represent the 4100 remaining.

I think GM dealers were treated quite fairly compared to Chrysler's. GM could have used the rejection process.
sallen1

Postby bajaman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:17 am

I agree if a dealer is truly underperforming they need to go. That being said I know of some dealers that are good performers that are gettiing cut without any explanation.

One example, a dealer with a DART score of 111 and representing two of the remaining brands is getting cut. While a dealer in the area that is losing one of the brands that GM is closing and is dualed with two imports, one of the imports sell almost 2 to 1 to their GM products, get to stay.
bajaman

Return to Dealers & General Managers