Dual role warranty/service advisors

Dual role warranty/service advisors

Postby LOWAIRD1964 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Hello, I was curious if there are any dealers out there using a dual role warranty/service advisor or warranty/ any other jobs?

So I am in a situation here with a good employee. He is young in early 20's, not married, no kids. We even offered to let him stay after hours for hourly pay to get the work completed. He worked his way from car porter to warranty clerk. We then had a service advisor position role open up (which he "really" wanted to do) So we agreed to promote him and give him the duties of both jobs, with more pay of course. Once he made it to the desk it only lasted about 3 months or so and now he doesn't think he can handle it all, meaning the warranty duties side of the job.

We are a small one car line store. Lately we average approx. 20 appointments a day. Just to give a little background.
LOWAIRD1964

Re: Dual role warranty/service advisors

Postby nbeckhart23 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Here we have a warranty/parts consultant employee. He has been here for about 20 years now. He was always a parts consultant but about 10 years ago started pulling double duties. At times he gets a little busy he mainly works on all make ready jobs then works on warranty stuff. we are a Chevrolet store and between myself our warranty clerk and the Service manager we watch the warranty schedule and when he is on vacation or is extremely busy I will help out. But for the most parts no big issues.
nbeckhart23

Postby mdishong » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Warranty Clerk/Receptionist here.
mdishong

Postby X476 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Warranty Clerk/ Accounts Receivables here.
X476

Return to Parts Managers