AMAZON POST ON GLOBAL CONNECT

Re: AMAZON POST ON GLOBAL CONNECT

Postby JeepGuy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:10 pm

The corporate "new" GM does not care about the long term viability of the company or the dealer's, they only care about the dollar TODAY!!
JeepGuy

Postby 689is4me » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 pm

I was the one the posted the comments about rockauto on issue 6239. Well about a 1/2 day later, I had a nice conversation with Eric Cunningham. So they do listen and watch the DFOAB. He did answer a few of my questions and had the GM rep at my in door with in 4days.
689is4me

Postby partsguy99 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 pm

689is4me wrote:I was the one the posted the comments about rockauto on issue 6239. Well about a 1/2 day later, I had a nice conversation with Eric Cunningham. So they do listen and watch the DFOAB. He did answer a few of my questions and had the GM rep at my in door with in 4days.

Yea, and watch how much it will change. NOTHING!
partsguy99

Postby Denise Trimble » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:33 pm

689is4me wrote:I was the one the posted the comments about rockauto on issue 6239. Well about a 1/2 day later, I had a nice conversation with Eric Cunningham. So they do listen and watch the DFOAB. He did answer a few of my questions and had the GM rep at my in door with in 4days.

If you wouldn't mind sharing the conversation with us: Were you satisfied with their answers? Were your concerns resolved? Do you feel they were genuinely concerned with your issue or do you feel they were patronizing you?
Thank you for the update on your DFOAB post.
Denise Trimble

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm

nbeckhart23 wrote:After reading all the comments that were posted from the DFOAB board two days ago today I receive a part from GM customer care and after sales, this part is not for my dealership but for Autozone in a town about an hour away from me. Right on the shipping label it says Autone with a dealer code 953695. So naturally I took pictures and sent them to my DMA we shall see what he says.

Happened several times when I was still with a GM dealer. There was an O'Reilly's a block away and I got several parts that I couldn't get from GM, but the O'reilly's got them....throttle body's, and condensers' during the summer of 2017... I don't miss GM's BS.
Richard

Postby PartsPlant81 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Think this has something to do with the Amazon relationship: :o
Reference Number: GCUS-9-5870

Bulletin GCUS-9-5870 Amazon Key In-Car Delivery
​​Amazon Packages Can Now Be Delivered to More Than 7 Million Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Vehicles

Amazon Key In-Car Delivery offers customers a convenient,
time-saving way to receive packages inside their vehicle

DETROIT – (NYSE: GM) Starting today, more than seven million owners of eligible Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles in the United States can enjoy the convenience of having Amazon packages delivered inside their vehicle using Amazon Key. In-Car Delivery comes at no extra cost for Amazon Prime members with an active OnStar account and is available in 37 U.S. cities and surrounding areas, with more cities to follow.

“Partnering with Amazon to leverage our embedded in-vehicle connectivity gives Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac owners the option to conveniently receive deliveries inside their vehicle parked at home, work or near other locations in their Amazon address book," said Alan Batey, President, General Motors North America. “This is another example of how we provide customers with technologies that add value and enhance the ownership experience."

With Amazon Key In-Car Delivery, packages can be delivered to a vehicle when it's parked in a publicly accessible area, such as on the street in front of an apartment building, at a workplace surface parking lot or in a home driveway. Delivery is available on tens of millions of items sold on and works with Same Day, Two-Day and Standard Shipping.

“At Amazon, we are always working to make our customers' lives easier and starting today, we're excited to bring in-car delivery to Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac owners," said Peter Larsen, Vice President of Delivery Technology, Amazon. “Prime members now have another way to ensure their packages are safe and secure—all for no additional cost."

Setting up Amazon Key In-Car Delivery is easy. Customers must download the Amazon Key App and opt in to seamlessly link their Amazon and OnStar accounts. Once the first step is complete and the delivery location has been registered, customers can shop on and select the “In-Car" delivery option at checkout. Additional eligible delivery addresses can be added to the Amazon address book at any time.

Customers receive a notification via the Amazon Key App when the delivery is on its way and after the delivery is completed and the vehicle is relocked. Deliveries are made to a stationary car parked in a publicly accessible area.

Amazon Key In-Car Delivery requires a 2015 model year or newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicle. Visit for coverage map, details and system limitations. To check eligibility and sign up for Amazon Key In-Car Delivery, visit
PartsPlant81

Postby ehiatt » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:19 pm

PartsPlant81 wrote:Think this has something to do with the Amazon relationship: :o

Here's a thought, GM. Stop fooling with stuff like this and work on getting parts suppliers so we can get parts to satisfy our customers?

Don't laugh at me. :( I can dream. 8-)
ehiatt

Postby gmsubparts » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:10 pm

And just when you think they couldn't come up with anything else to make the parts department obsolete....self serve parts.
gmsubparts

Postby CHUCKINPARTS » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Bulletin GCUS-9-5870 Amazon Key In-Car Delivery

Why send this to fu#$ing bulletin to me for. What should I get excited about? I’m not going to make any money off this that I can see. Even if the guy wants a part or accessory I won’t see it. GM will sell the part to Amazon and Amazon will sell it to the customer and then deliver it. Someone is going to drop $40 or $50 grand on a GM vehicle just because they can have their luffa sponge delivered to their CAR.I don’t see many dealers hanging banners out about this one. Amazon is like the BORG and will assimilate anything they come in contact with. Hell... they may own GM already. Brilliant marketing…………… You gotta hand it to them though. These guys keep running this shit out there and they keep their jobs.
CHUCKINPARTS

Previous

Return to Parts Managers