GM Surcharge

GM Surcharge

Postby 30yrs+parts » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm

2 days ago I received my GM statement and was charged a 1% surcharge on everything (including rim) parts that I received. I am at 82 % sales loyalty when they (GM) say I need to be at 85%. We have a body shop and when the insurance company says we need to use used parts, what are we suppose to do? It's bad enough when they took any discount away from us but then to charge us a surcharge on parts that I am purchasing from them. I am totally fed up the GM. Our RIM Compliance for last month was 93.30% and RIM loyalty was 92.61%. What do other people do when they have a body shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
30yrs+parts

Re: GM Surcharge

Postby PartScott » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Used parts get billed on a sublet line here.
PartScott

Postby bentwrench54 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Yup, you gotta have sales loyalty above 85%. Just went through this myself for a month between May and June when we didn’t hit PASE for the month of April.

We’re investigating billing aftermarket parts as a sublet and see how that works. I had a run on 13507374 bearings this week. While waiting for two to come in on stock order, we needed three. That really put a dent in my RIM purchase loyalty for the month.

Let’s see if rim proposes more bearings. They already tried to get me to stock two 2019 equinox lift gates because I ordered two for vehicles that showed up with their gates bashed in.
bentwrench54

Postby bigmac » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

And RIM logic is getting more convoluted every day. Today we received a proposal for 2 of part number 12654318 lower oil pan. We have only sold 1 ever. Must have excess stock at 058.
bigmac

Postby LOWAIRD1964 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:11 pm

PartScott wrote:Used parts get billed on a sublet line here.

I thought only service makes a profit off of stuff that is billed under sublet?
LOWAIRD1964

Postby PartScott » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 am

LOWAIRD1964 wrote:I thought only service makes a profit off of stuff that is billed under sublet?

In our DMS (Autosoft) you can add different menu items into the sublet area. When you add the menu item, you also add what accounts everything gets posted to. When we bill used parts, everything on that line goes to parts accounts.
PartScott

Postby bigmac » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:03 pm

30yrs+parts wrote:2 days ago I received my GM statement and was charged a 1% surcharge on everything (including rim) parts that I received. I am at 82 % sales loyalty when they (GM) say I need to be at 85%. We have a body shop and when the insurance company says we need to use used parts, what are we suppose to do? It's bad enough when they took any discount away from us but then to charge us a surcharge on parts that I am purchasing from them. I am totally fed up the GM. Our RIM Compliance for last month was 93.30% and RIM loyalty was 92.61%. What do other people do when they have a body shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this the first month you were below 85 percent? I was thinking if you fall below the PASE numbers you had one month of grace to get the numbers back up before the penalties kicked in.
bigmac

Postby roncox » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:07 pm

per the pase guidelines under dealer sales loyalty it states "misrepresentations that increase dsl may result in a chargeback of incentives paid for the period(s) in question and will cause the dealer to be suspended from pase eligibility for 3 months ,examples of misrepresentations include but are not limited to 1.parts sold on a counter slip and installed on a repair order , 2.inappropriate use of a approved exclusion part number" so basically it says we can charge you back for any reason love that great gm feeling
roncox

Postby 30yrs+parts » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 pm

It was the 2nd month that we were under 85 %. Before PASE we were given 3 to 4 % adjustment because of the body shop but like everything else that GM gets involved with, they took that away. Insurance company tells us that they want a LKQ part and is only going to pay us a certain amount.
I guess I've been doing it all wrong all of these years. I thought (my mistake) that we are in the business to make a profit. Silly me!!
30yrs+parts

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:29 pm

We missed PASE for the month of April, and we got hit with the surcharge running mid May through the middle of June. If there was a grace period, I sure didn't see it.
bentwrench54

Next

Return to Parts Managers