HOW DO YOU FIND BULLETINS IN GLOBAL CONNECT?

HOW DO YOU FIND BULLETINS IN GLOBAL CONNECT?

Postby Torgy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:34 pm

I have been doing this job for several years and I struggle to find bulletins that GM refers us to in Global Connect.
Can someone help me with finding these in a simple way?
Global connect is pretty much a joke when it comes to trying to find this type thing and also with filing claims!
Torgy

Re: HOW DO YOU FIND BULLETINS IN GLOBAL CONNECT?

Postby drapp » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 pm

When you search for a bulletin are you searching for a specific bulletin number or are you searching for a bulletin containing a certain subject?

Are you searching for technical or procedural information in S.I. or are you searching for a Global Connect message?

As you are likely aware there are several places within Global where GM can hide things. It is easy to forget some places even exist.

More information and I may be able to assist.

One thing I do is keep EVERY GM email sent to me. All the Global Connect messages are filed in my PC by department or subject. Sometimes copied and cross-referenced. It is easier to search Outlook than GC.
drapp

Postby Torgy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:50 pm

the SI ones I find pretty easily it is the GM global ones that I struggle to find, I think that I must be attempting in the incorrect area. I usually try by the search box in the top center of the page or scroll through the alerts.

today I was searching for GCUS-9-9216, & GCUS-9-9271
Torgy

Postby westside » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:25 pm

PUT IT IN THE SEARCH BOX ON THE HOME PAGE.. I FOUND IT THERE.
westside

Postby Torgy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 pm

i guess it also helps if you don't have dyslexia when writing down the bulletin #'s
Torgy

Postby bsnyder723 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm

Torgy wrote:i guess it also helps if you don't have dyslexia when writing down the bulletin #'s

:lol:
bsnyder723

Postby Fixed Ops Mgr » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 pm

I usually find the ones beginning in a GCUS prefix by looking in the search box in the upper center of the Globalconnect home page. If you are searching for service bulletins concerning recalls, service updates, and technical repair information, look in the Service Information (SI) section.
Fixed Ops Mgr

Return to Parts Managers