RIM orders not populating the dms

RIM orders not populating the dms

Postby yosvany » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Does anyone have any info on this? sometimes orders generated by rim dont populate on RA and sometimes they do but say instead of being the 60 part numbers RIM ordered it only shows 40 numbers being generated on RA, well cdk says it has nothing to do with them could it be RIM the one thats not transmitting the files?
yosvany

Re: RIM orders not populating the dms

Postby Zep33 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm

I've seen that happen with parts on DEL status in CDK. I used to put them on DEL after processing a return but it caused more problems with GM than it was worth if RIM wanted to bring it back again before the part actually deleted at the end of the month.

Not sure if that's your issue but narrowed mine down to that a couple years ago
Zep33

Postby yosvany » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 am

I noticed that too and opened a case with cdk I do batch change at month end I put all parts with 0 on hand to delete status and then I skip all parts with an oder but the system must be glitched because it puts them on delete status anyways
I even had the guy from cdk. do it cause he wouldn't believe me. weird I guess. they are looking into it
yosvany

Postby Zep33 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Instead of skipping the on order parts, I just never select them. I don't do this with GM anymore but I do with Toyota- It just keeps things cleaner IMO

The reason I started doing it is our obsolete parts get put in a "reserve" and I got tired of parts incorrectly showing no sales in 12+ when we just bought it 2 weeks ago or whatever.
I know CDK had an update that fixed that by going off receipt date if OH was zero but that definitely glitches at times and doesn't work so I still use my trick. It was also reverting to last actual sale if someone orders and buys a part today and returns it tomorrow. It would revert back to a last sale of 3 years ago or some shit. Then it would hit the reserve and piss me off to no end

This is how I do it: (this is my Toyota one so I do it at 11 months. You'd have to change the GM one to 15

These are some instructions I made for other parts managers in our group a while back - copy and paste works better than typing if you're not familiar with RPG

HOW TO:
RPG – arrow up 2 spaces to “ENG Enter English”
After ? type – SELECT PART-NO. WITH O.H. = “0” AND WITH O.O. = “0” AND WITH MNS GE “11”
Press enter TWICE and you will see the total # of parts
After the > type – SAVE-LIST PM-BATCH-LIST

Now go to PART MAINTENANCE (PM)
Choose “Batch-change”, F5(Use Save List) and choose the top one (PM-BATCH-LIST), click GO
Popup will show you the # of parts selected (should match what RPG told you), press F3 to exit
Now your parts are loaded so arrow down to Special Status, type DEL in the box and press F3 again to start, leave CONTINUE checked and click OK

Sounds like you're already doing something very similar but this may help someone else.
Zep33

Postby yosvany » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:28 am

Zepp you def know your stuff!!! since you were at GM did you ever figure out how to keep GM from forcing a bunch of new numbers to be added every month? I was just going to not bother with it anymore since I did the msda thing but you mentioned something about msda update glitching at times so it worries me now. and the pm batch change should work flawlessly but at my store that seems to be glitching out too and puts the skipped parts on delete anyways
yosvany

Postby Zep33 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:26 pm

MSDA - that's it - I couldn't remember the actual function. The thing that doesn't work right with it is when it reverts back to a sale from 3 years ago (if that's when last sale was of course) if someone orders and returns a part. When you write that credit, all CDK can see is the last "successful" sale. I'll send you a PM on how to deal with that. Probably wouldn't be right to post it here because it's kinda cheating.

If you use this line - SELECT PART-NO. WITH O.H. = “0” AND WITH O.O. = “0” AND WITH MNS GE “11” , it shouldn't even select the on order part numbers so if those are still ending up getting put on delete status, something else is going on.

Honestly, I never noticed GM adding a bunch of new numbers each month. Do you mean parts that were never added by you or your guys? It must be something with the price tape / file. I'll bet it happens to all of us though
Zep33

Return to Parts Managers