GM NEW ECOMMERCE LAUNCH

GM NEW ECOMMERCE LAUNCH

Postby olepartsguy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:35 pm

WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY $179. A MONTH TO SOMEONE THAT GIVES CUSTOMER PART NUMBERS SO THEY CAN SHOP THE INTERNET? AND THEN GET CHARGED 7% EACH TRANSACTION AND 5% IF THEY SHIP TO CUSTOMER???

TRIED IT ONCE . ITS A COMPLETE UTTER RIPOFF THAT ONLY BENEFITS GM AND THE CUSTOMER. VOLUME DOES NOT PAY THE BILLS IF YOU ARE NEARLY GIVING IT AWAY
olepartsguy

Re: GM NEW ECOMMERCE LAUNCH

Postby Parts007 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Discussion on this back on Sept 30th.

I agree with you.
Parts007

Postby Denise Trimble » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Could not agree more with you! Plus: The dealer has to process cores if they e-comm it online as well as customer pick-up.
Denise Trimble

Postby camaroman » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:27 pm

I only played the game since we are already are paying the $179.00. Just put the prices to reflect list at this point and did the training. I am not going to sell a part over the internet to a customer for a discount and then turn around and sell the same part in our shop at retail. Maybe I am old school, but loyalty has a lot to do with it.
camaroman

Postby C8RFAN » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:53 pm

It kinda sucks... but me being the PM at the smaller sister store, and the main branch doing so, we also had to. (No option to opt out)

We dont make much, and it eats up some time doing paperwork, Doesnt really benefit us much at all
C8RFAN

Postby bentwrench54 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:01 pm

I haven't heard official word as to whether we are enrolling or not.

I've expressed my opinion of it to management, but I don't think it will get me anywhere.
bentwrench54

Postby LOWAIRD1964 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Did anyone else catch the bulletin (GCUS-9-12216) that states "Prepare package by placing the product in the ACDelco/GM Genuine Parts box the part came in and affixing the provided FedEx label to the box then insert packing slip into the box. If that box is not available, a substitute is acceptable"

So myself as a dealer has to return the core in the original box but an online customer do not??? It get even better, what happens when the customer returns the core to the dealer without box or in a ""substitute"" box and i return through my normal channels???

• If a ship-to-home customer returns the part to the selling dealer, the dealer can reimburse the customer and return the core through their normal core return process
LOWAIRD1964

Postby Denise Trimble » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:24 pm

LOWAIRD1964 wrote:Did anyone else catch the bulletin (GCUS-9-12216) that states "Prepare package by placing the product in the ACDelco/GM Genuine Parts box the part came in and affixing the provided FedEx label to the box then insert packing slip into the box. If that box is not available, a substitute is acceptable"

So myself as a dealer has to return the core in the original box but an online customer do not??? It get even better, what happens when the customer returns the core to the dealer without box or in a ""substitute"" box and i return through my normal channels???

• If a ship-to-home customer returns the part to the selling dealer, the dealer can reimburse the customer and return the core through their normal core return process

Just as it is now: GM has their core money up front. They could care less if you get whatever you reimburse the customer for. (Cores or otherwise)
Denise Trimble

Postby olepartsguy » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:13 pm

WHETHER ITS E COMMERCE OR NOT. IF THE CORE IS NOT RETURNED IN THE ORIGINAL BOX EXCLUDING FASCIA CORES IT DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A GOOD CORE RETURN.
SO IF THE CUSTOMER RETURNS IT NOT IN ITS BOX THEY DONT GET CREDIT. SAME THING APPLIES , IF A CUSTOMER RETURNS A CORE LIKE A STARTER WITH A BROKEN SOLENOID OR BROKEN NOSE CONE, IT IS NOT A GOOD CORE. NO CREDIT GIVEN .
olepartsguy

Postby PartsOnBackorder » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Well to my understanding with this new ecommerce program the customer is getting their core $$ back regardless of how we feel about it . Once they file on the core return site it initiates the credit back to them . We have to then work with GMSPO to try an get our credit back . What i was told is that " I F " there is an issue with the core return (regarding a charge back ) we have to contact our ecommerce representative to be made whole on the credit. So it seems it doesn't matter what the customer does , returns or says they are getting their money back for all returns ( new / core ) regardless of what our own internal policies or decisions are.
PartsOnBackorder

Next

Return to Parts Managers